While the site still permits you to view more listings by clicking on more locations, being visible among the top three searches gives you a benefit and edge over your other business competitors.
Related: 7 Essential Reasons to Redesign Your Website ASAP
If your firm or company is not yet on the top three most searched, here are five easy strategies that you can implement that will boost your visibility and rankings.
- Accurate citation
Google checks the internet for correct information on all sites that indicates your business name, address, and your company’s phone number. This makes sure that the information is accurate. If the citation data is incorrect, the site will have a hard time verifying your business data.
In finding any sites that state your brand name, type the name of your brand into the search engine’s search bar and find those citations that mention your brand name. If there is any information that is inaccurate, you can log in and mend it. Also, you can reach the website’s admin and request them to edit the data to match with the information you have on your My Business profile.
Once your business information gets verified, you can already stand out. But pay attention by providing specific information like:
- Take advantage of Google displaying open hours in search results.
- Your business introduction in your account is a summary introducing your company, the products and services you offer, and what sets you apart from your competitors. Many disregard the value of this description and miss out more leads from organic search results.
- Remember that it is a visual program. High definition images can surely make your listing stand out. Businesses that has listings on Google that include images are more appealing than those who don’t have. Optimize and enhance them more by adding any applicable metadata such as keywords and location.
- Make sure to double check everything. There should be no duplicate listings for your business because Google advises against duplicate listings. Deal with it as soon as possible to avoid ranking penalties.
You can also look any additional inaccurate citations by searching through Google if you had an old listing about your previous business name, address, or phone number.
- Construct more citations
Now if your quotes are all accurate, start looking for citations that your competitor have that you don’t.
Using the same steps above, type your competitors brand name, address, or phone number into Google search and recognize and create directories your competitors are in, and you are not.
- Create Local Landing Pages
Google ranks different websites based on the data they have listed for them. If a site has a lot of local information, Google can recognize it and serve it to a local audience.
Most importantly, Google doesn’t want duplicate content, that’s why you need to ensure to write original, unique contents.
Google uses your website presence to provide you ranking on maps. Having a weak website presence converts into a lower ranking. To enhance your web presence, make sure to focus on creating unique quality contents, connect with your customers, and have a listing on different local sites and directories.
- Build quality links
After correcting your business data on online directories, creating original content, and making more citations, you can already break into the top three rank of the app. However, you don’t just get there and rest. You should still need to work harder to remain on top.
Learn: How to Steal SEO Moves from Your Competitors
Building links are one of the best ways to stay on top of local search results. The site uses backlinks to certify your credibility.
Getting high authority sites is an excellent way to remain on top of local search results. And credible links can be a great addition to your local maps marketing strategy.
- Acquire reviews
Google uses reviews across the web to discover a business’s reputation. It always makes sure to provide users the best possible results. If a business has excellent reviews, this means they provide a good service and is rightful to receive rewards.
However, when people make shopping decisions, they mostly rely on material evidence. That’s why getting positive reviews are necessary.
You need to know that before Google displays your reviews, you need at least five reviews alongside your listing. So here are some simple ways to encourage your consumers to provide reviews:
- Provide an incentive through discounts or even gifts
- Ask them after a successful product or service delivery
- Offer simple directions and scoring to make it easier for them.
- Communicate with your customers and respond to them appropriately to every given review.
- If you obtain a negative review, you need to investigate the situation and find a way to resolve it.
Just like any other digital marketing strategies, Maps cannot make your sales increase overnight. It takes time before you can see any outcome. However, it’s a tool that is worthwhile using. And even more, localization can be applied as such an excellent advantage.