Know How to Install a Solar Inverter Battery
There are many explanations for why homeowners go solar, but the most common are to save the environment and cut down energy costs. Many people know that solar is a perfect improvement for home efficiency, and they are willing to reduce their carbon footprint while improving a property’s value.
This sizeable list of solar power advantages will have something for everyone, whether your reasons for going solar are economic, environmental, or personal. A solar PV panel is the most common solar solution, converting sunlight into DC electricity (Direct Current).
But how are we expected to use it to power our appliances? It is done with the help of an inverter. A solar inverter converts the DC into AC (Alternating Current). However, there is one component that is mostly overlooked by the homeowners—a solar inverter battery.
Image Courtesy: Luminous
Now, what is the importance of a solar inverter battery?
Once the DC is converted into AC by the inverter, what happens to the surplus power that your home appliances do not use? It is where the solar inverter battery comes into the picture. In a solar inverter battery, all the power generated and then converted by the inverter is stored. When there is no sunshine to produce energy, this stored power can be used in various ways.
How to Install A Solar Inverter Battery?
- Choosing an inverter with a battery system is the first step. When you have selected the inverter that best suits your needs and your setup, it is time to mount it.
- Find a place that does not get direct sunlight.
- You will have to find a spot with proper ventilation as well. The location you want to place it in should also be shielded from moisture of any sort.
- To allow proper (and necessary) air circulation, you also need to make sure that your inverter and solar battery has enough clearance on each side.
- You can put it indoors or outdoors, making sure all the other requirements are fulfilled.
Here are some maintenance suggestions that you should bear in mind now that you have learned how to install a solar inverter with a battery backup system:
- First and foremost, you need to ensure proper installation of your inverter and solar inverter battery.
- Furthermore, it would be best if you keep it clean. You need to clear any dust or cobwebs from it periodically.
- Finally, stop overloading it in any way and make sure any moisture or direct heat sources are covered or kept away from it.
There are brands like Luminous that offer a range of solar inverter battery. They are mainly of two types:
- L Series
L Series solar inverter batteries are C10 rated deep-cycle batteries that provide long-lasting power backup for your home. With the L Series solar inverter battery, you get a 3-year warranty term.
- H Series
H Series solar batteries are deep cycle batteries rated C10, which also provide a long-lasting power backup for your home for long hours. With the H Series solar inverter battery, you earn a warranty period of 5 years.
Both of these battery types need very little maintenance, and the top up of the batteries can be done once in eight to ten months. Since they have high-temperature efficiency functions, they can withstand severe weather conditions. You can either buy the solar inverter battery with the solar system or separately. It completely depends on your requirements.
So, get the best solar inverter battery for your solar PV system today!