How to Download Photos from iPhone Easily: 4 Working Solutions
How to download photos from iPhone?
If a similar query has brought you to this page, then don’t worry. This would be the last guide that you will read about a seamless transfer of data between iPhone and computer. To be honest, almost every iOS user suffers from this issue. After clicking pictures from your phone, you might want to access them on your computer. Though, you can’t perform a direct transfer like an Android. The good news is that there are still different ways to do it. Learn how to transfer photos from iPhone to laptop in 4 ways right here.
Solution 1: Perform a direct iPhone to laptop transfer with dr.fone
The easiest way to transfer data between iPhone and computer is by using dr.fone – Transfer (iOS). The tool is available for both Windows and Mac with a user-friendly interface. It is fully compatible with all the major iPhone models like iPhone XR, XS, XS Max, X, 8, and so on. With it, you can transfer photos from iPhone to computer and vice-versa. You can even rebuild iTunes library and transfer data to any other phone as well.
Not just photos, you can also transfer videos, contacts, music, messages, and other data files using the application. To learn how to download photos from iPhone to your Mac/Windows, follow these simple steps:
#1. Launch dr.fone – Transfer (iOS) on your system and connect your iPhone to it using a working cable. From the home screen of the toolkit, click on the “Transfer” button.
#2. The application will automatically detect your device and would provide its snapshot with some shortcuts. If you wish to transfer all photos to your computer in one go, then click on the “Transfer Device Photos to PC” button.
#3. Simply select a location and wait for a while as all the photos would be automatically transferred.
#4. To perform a selective transfer, go to the “Photos” tab on the interface. Here, you can view all the saved pictures on your phone segregated into different categories.
#5. Just visit any album and select the photos that you wish to transfer. You can select multiple albums as well.
#6. After making the appropriate selections, click on the export icon on the toolbar and choose to export these photos to your computer.
#7. Browse and select the location to save your photos and start the transfer process.
In the same way, you can also import photos from your computer to iPhone as well. The process to transfer music, videos, contacts, etc. is also the same. Just visit their tabs, make the needed selections, and transfer your data freely.
Solution 2: Transfer photos from iPhone to Windows with AutoPlay
If you are using a Windows PC, then you can follow this technique as well to transfer your data. When we connect an external device to Windows, it detects it automatically and lets us extract its data. This is known as an AutoPlay feature. If you want to learn how to transfer photos from iPhone to laptop (Windows), then follow these basic steps:
- Using a lightning cable, connect your iPhone to your Windows system and wait for it to be detected.
- In no time, the AutoPlay prompt will be displayed. Click on the “Import Pictures and Videos” button.
- This will automatically extract photos from your iPhone and start transferring them to your computer.
- If you wish to select the location to save your photos, then click on the “Import settings” option.
- From here, you can select a location to save the imported photos and videos. There are several other options as well that you can explore.
Solution 3: Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac using iPhoto
Another popular solution to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac includes the use of the iPhoto app. Though, the solution would only work for Mac and not Windows. Just be sure that the iPhoto app is updated so that it would be compatible with your iPhone mode. Once it is done, just follow this simple drill.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac and launch the iPhoto app on it. If you are connecting it to your Mac for the first time, then you would have to “Trust” it.
- After when the iPhone would be detected, you can find it under the list of the connected devices. Simply select it to continue.
- On the right panel, you can view all the photos stored on your device. Simply preview them and select the photos you wish to transfer.
- Now, just click on the “Import Selected” button to transfer your photos. You can also click on the Import button to transfer all photos at once.
Solution 4: Transfer Photos Wirelessly Using iCloud
The last solution would transfer photos wirelessly from iPhone to your Windows or Mac. Though, you should have enough space on your iCloud account to save your photos. We will take the assistance of iCloud’s desktop application, which works similarly for both Mac and Windows. To learn how to download photos from iPhone wirelessly, follow these instructions:
- To start with, go to your iPhone settings and tap on your ID. Visit the iCloud settings and enable the iCloud Photo Library option. This will upload your photos to iCloud.
- Once the photos are uploaded to the cloud, launch the iCloud application on your computer.
- Enable the syncing option for Photos and click on the “Options” buttons to further customize things.
- From here, you need to turn on the “iCloud Photo Library” option as well. Furthermore, you can browse the location on your system where you wish to save the photos here.
There you go! By following these solutions, you can easily learn how to transfer photos from iPhone to laptop. To have a hassle-free experience and make the most of your device, simply give dr.fone – Transfer (iOS) a try. It will let you move all kinds of data between iPhone and computer in a fast, secure, and simple manner. You can download it on your Mac or Windows as per your convenience and use it as many times as you want.