Athletes: Try Percussion Massager for Fast Pain Relief
Elite athletes need to use all sorts of tools and methods to continue operating at the top of their game.
Along with intense training, proper nutrition, psychological aspects, and emotional therapy; using physical tools to help their body recover faster is key to continue playing at an elite level.
Let’s see one method that can help athletes in their sport!
Benefits of Percussion Massager for Athletes!
If you use an athlete in an intense training and game schedule, consider using a percussion massager to keep your body healthy and ready to go at a moment’s notice!
Enhance athletic performance
One of the main benefits of using a percussion massager as an athlete is the ability to keep your performance level at an all-time high. Instead of suffering after tough training sessions, hard gym workouts, and rough games, you can use the percussion massager to quickly recover and get ready for the next game or practice.
You can buy online and using a percussion massager helps your muscles recover faster, leading to a quicker level of muscle repair that makes it easier to perform your sport at a high level. The increased circulation of blood and oxygen in your body can help decrease post-workout pain, muscle aches, muscle spasms, and cramps.
Prevents delayed onset muscle soreness
The second benefit of using a percussion massager as an elite athlete is the ability to prevent delayed onset muscle soreness. Delayed onset muscle soreness, also known as DOMS, is a sensation that occurs typically 24-48 hours after an intense workout. If you use the same muscle groups a lot during one workout, such as your quads while doing squats or your hamstrings while doing deadlifts, you may wake up the next day and feel extremely sore in these areas.
By using the percussion massager, you can target very sore muscles and prevent the DOMS from ruining your next day of practice or training. The massage gun can use pressure and vibrations to help buildup any muscle tissue, adhesions, and tight muscles that can cause a lower performance level following a hard workout.
Improving circulation is one of the primary benefits of using a percussion massager. Good circulation is important for delivering oxygen and nutrients to the body’s tissues and organs, as well as removing waste products and toxins from the body.
Here’s how percussion massagers can help to improve circulation:
- Increases blood flow: The rapid, repetitive movements of a percussion massager can help to increase blood flow to the targeted area. This increased blood flow can help to bring oxygen and nutrients to the muscles, which can help to reduce soreness, stiffness, and inflammation.
- Stimulates the lymphatic system: The lymphatic system is responsible for removing waste products and toxins from the body. The pulsating motion of a percussion massager can help to stimulate the lymphatic system, improving its efficiency and helping to reduce swelling and inflammation.
- Promotes vasodilation: Percussion massage can also help to promote vasodilation, which is the widening of blood vessels. This allows for more blood to flow through the vessels, improving circulation and delivering more oxygen and nutrients to the muscles.
- Improves muscle recovery: Improved circulation can also help to speed up muscle recovery after a workout or injury. By delivering more oxygen and nutrients to the muscles, percussion massage can help to reduce soreness and promote healing.
Overall, improving circulation is essential for maintaining optimal health and wellness.
Increases range of motion
Using a percussion massager can help to increase range of motion by reducing muscle tension and stiffness. When muscles are tight and tense, they can restrict movement and make it difficult to perform certain activities. Here’s how a percussion massager can help to increase range of motion:
- Relaxes tight muscles: The deep pressure and rapid vibrations of a percussion massager can help to relax tight muscles, reducing tension and stiffness. This increased muscle relaxation can help to improve flexibility and range of motion.
- Increases blood flow: Improved circulation from percussion massage can also help to deliver more oxygen and nutrients to the muscles, which can help to reduce soreness and improve flexibility. This increased blood flow can also help to loosen up tight muscles and improve mobility.
- Promotes muscle recovery: Using a percussion massager after a workout can help to promote muscle recovery, reducing soreness and stiffness and improving flexibility. This can make it easier to move and perform activities, increasing range of motion.
- Targets specific muscle groups: Percussion massagers can be used to target specific muscle groups, such as the hamstrings, quads, or calves, helping to release tension and increase flexibility in those areas.
Overall, using a percussion massager can be an effective way to increase range of motion by reducing muscle tension and stiffness, improving circulation, promoting muscle recovery, and targeting specific muscle groups.
Percussion massage therapy is a great way to promote relaxation by helping to reduce stress, tension, and anxiety in the body. When we are stressed or anxious, our bodies produce cortisol, a hormone that can lead to a host of health problems, including high blood pressure, weight gain, and decreased immune function. Using a percussion massager can help to reduce cortisol levels and promote relaxation and overall wellbeing.
Percussion massage therapy can also help to trigger the relaxation response in the body. This response is characterized by a decrease in heart rate, breathing rate, and blood pressure, and an increase in feelings of relaxation and calmness. The repetitive movements of the massager stimulate the parasympathetic nervous system, which is responsible for promoting relaxation and reducing stress and anxiety.
Releases trigger points
Percussion massagers can also help to release trigger points in the muscles, which can cause pain and discomfort in the body. Trigger points are areas of muscle fibers that have become tight and contracted, often as a result of repetitive stress or injury. These points can be painful to the touch, and can also refer pain to other areas of the body.
Percussion massage therapy can help to release trigger points by applying direct pressure to the affected area. The rapid, intense vibrations of the massager help to penetrate deep into the muscle fibers, releasing tension and promoting relaxation. This can help to alleviate pain and discomfort in the affected area, and can also help to reduce referred pain in other areas of the body.
By releasing trigger points, percussion massage therapy can also help to improve mobility and flexibility in the affected area.
Trigger points can cause muscles to become stiff and rigid, making it difficult to move and perform daily activities. By releasing tension and promoting relaxation, percussion massage therapy can help to increase range of motion and improve overall mobility.
Increases your flexibility
The third benefit of using a percussion massager is the ability to make you more flexible. All athletes need to have some level of flexibility and mobility. Soccer players need to have flexible hips so they can kick the ball, whereas baseball players need to have flexible shoulders to throw the ball with a full range of motion.
Using a percussion massager is a great way to practice your flexibility and mobility, with proven effectiveness to be on the same levels as doing yoga and pilates. Using the percussion massager for just a few minutes per day can significantly boost your flexibility level in various areas of your body.
Using a percussion massager is a great way for athletes to increase their flexibility and boost the range of motion, reduce delayed onset muscle soreness after a tough gym session, and aid in quicker recovery and improved athletic performance. This therapeutic method is a time-tested way to help accelerate muscle recovery and get you back on the field as soon as possible!