Protecting Skin from Stretch Mark Creams during Pregnancy
Pregnant women can start noticing the protruding belly after a few months. As the baby grows, the belly continues to grow. Thus, stretch marks are part of pregnancy and most of the time they couldn’t be cured. It is advisable to prevent them or make them less noticeable. There comes the need to use stretch mark creams. If you are aware of the fact that your body is going to change in the coming days, then you should start applying the stretch mark creams for pregnant women.
Necessary ingredients in stretch mark creams
The first benefit you will get by using the stretch mark creams is that it will keep skin elastic and full of moisture. It will further keep your skin toned and tight which is essential for keeping the tummy from stretching out too much. Some of the necessary ingredients that must be present in stretch mark creams for pregnant women are mentioned below:
- Vitamin E: The vitamin E present in the stretch mark creams for pregnant women helps in maintaining a healthy-looking skin and thus helps in protecting from the effects of free radicals which cause skin to stretch in pregnancy.
- Vitamin C: While selecting the stretch mark cream, you should always check that it contains Vitamin C in it. Presence of Vitamin C helps in the production of more collagen and thus promote elasticity of the skin. Besides that, it acts as a bleaching agent that aids in lightening any stretch marks that occur due to a previous pregnancy.
- Vitamin A: Due to the presence of Vitamin A in the cream, formation of new collagen and skin renewal becomes easier. The increased collagen helps in improving the elasticity of the skin. Thus, the texture of the skin also enhances and it provides an even skin tone.
- Shea and cocoa butter: These allow the skin to absorb all the active ingredients effectively. Shea butter has lots of minerals and antioxidants that help in building elasticity of your skin. Whereas the Cocoa butter has omega that can boost up the natural immune system.
- Purcellian oil: If the stretch mark cream contains Purcellian then it helps the skin absorb all other ingredients more effectively. It also aids in smooth application of the cream and thus create a barrier for the skin.
- Avocado oil: In the duration of pregnancy Avocados are not healthy to eat but the Avocado oil is considered very useful for direct application to the skin. It keeps the skin hydrated and moist throughout the day and hence increase the elasticity of the skin and make sure the skin stretches safely.
- Argon oil: Again, the presence of Argon oil raises the elasticity of the skin and hence allows the skin to bounce back better once you have the baby. Similarly, presence of omega 3 can help in the prevention of stretch marks due to anti-inflammatory properties. Omega 6 repairs the damaged skin and keeps it hydrated.
- Hyaluronic acid: Your skin is hydrated when there is presence of Hyaluronic acid in the stretch mark cream. Thus, it maintains the moisture for the time period for making the skin less susceptible to stretch marks.
Therefore, it is essential for you to find a cream that works for you. Some people prefer organic while others don’t use anything. But pregnant women should always use a good stretch mark cream. When you are selecting the stretch mark cream for pregnant women, you should ensure that it contains all the above-mentioned ingredients. Regardless of cream, you use you should always read about the ingredients to avoid anything harmful in it.