10 Best Photoshop Alternatives You Need To Know
The 10 Best Photoshop Alternatives signifies the programs that can help with the most photo editing you may need. However, Photoshop is the most advanced program for professional works but costly and conditional. Well, the cost of the program is worth every cent. But, if you are new or need low-cost programs or free ones, here are the options for you. Some of them also have both free and paid versions if you like to purchase them with more facilities. However, Photoshop is the king of all existing photo editing programs until today.
Photoshop Photo Editing Service is renowned all over the world for perfection in appealing presentation. The advancement of information technology is an excellent opportunity for creating programs on photo editing. The coding system became convenient with lots of help and support. Several software firms are willing to join the competition to gain the top position. Alternatives to Photoshop are quite rich with tools and techniques along with the outlook. Adobe Corporation is always keeping them advanced with their creativity and expertise. Other organizations are also trying to do as Adobe does and doing good as well. So, let’s learn about some programs alternative to Photoshop in the sense of Photo Editing term.
- Photoshop Elements
- Serif PhotoPlus
GIMP As Photoshop Alternatives
GNU Image Manipulation Program AKA GIMP is a free photo editing program with lots of tools and options. The handling of this software is user friendly. You can have layers, paths and other editing options like Photoshop has. Though you may find some mismatches that would not be a problem if you are used to it. The basic properties of GIMP are;
- The program is free to download and use.
- Supports MAC (OS X), Windows, Linux
- I can’t handle RAW files
- Downloading converters possible
- UFRaw for GIMP as a plugin
- Built-in plugin library
- Photoshop user friendly
- Tutorials are available
A smart alternative to Photoshop is Photopea online tool you may have. You can say the best alternative to photoshop as it has the same look and tools. No need to download or install the program on your local drive. So, you can save space by not engaging the software on your computer. As it is an online version, you can use it for MAC or Windows, no problem. The editing tools are similar to Adobe Photoshop. So, if you are already a Photoshop user, it would be a fantastic choice for you. Mentionable things of Photopea are;
- Free to use online. (Premium version available under condition).
- Supports any operating system, including Android and IOS.
- The program supports Raster image format with modifiable image formats such as PSD, PNG, XCF, XD, CDR, SVG, JPG, etc.
- Contains layers, masks, etc.
- All the Blend modes as Photoshop has.
- Free and paid versions contain the same facilities except for some minor differences.
- No additional plugin is required.
- Export option to PSD and SVG format.
Canva is quite a popular web-based photo editing program you can use for free. All the operations are so comfortable and friendly. Anyone with basic photo editing experiences can have advantages with Canva. Raster image editing or vector shape modification, everything is simple with handling by clicks. Options are easily accessible and adaptable at the same time. You can also have a large number of elements, designs, layouts, stock photos, and fonts. And, you can get more options in the premium version. Mentionable properties of Cava are;
- Simple but attractive design creation with less effort.
- Free to use online without downloading.
- Supports images that you upload for editing.
- The Premium version allows you more images than the free version.
- Banners, cards, leaflets are convenient enough with this.
- Use an invitation from a friend to use the full version of Canva.
Photoshop Elements is a similar quality photo editing program to Adobe Photoshop. Sorting out the best photoshop alternative can be this program without any doubt. You will have almost everything from image editing facilities to operate in this. The program is quite powerful, like Photoshop, even if it is not from the same corporation. Also, you can manage photos for social media quickly and conveniently. Some say Photoshop Elements is a stripped-down version of the original Adobe Photoshop. I believe, if that is right, still the program is unique in its characteristics. The basic specifications of this programs are;
- The program costs $99.99 and a one-time payment to purchase. Well, an upgrade requires additional payments.
- Wealthy with AI technology to select, modify, retouch, etc., similar to Photoshop.
- You will have 58 Guided Edits for any creation and adjustments as help.
- Layers, Paths, Blending options are as convenient as Photoshop.
- Automatic backup, easy recovery enabled.
- Built-in ‘Prints and Gifts Services’ for effortless editing.
Paint.NET is among the best free photoshop alternatives if you are a Windows user. The software is entirely free with basic editing tools and options as Microsoft Paint. All the operations are so easy and comfortable that anyone can use them without any difficulty. The development is ongoing, and you will have advanced features soon if you stay attached to it. At the same time, the program is light, has basic and advanced options to use, and has all the tools visible in the same place. Common properties of Paint.NET are;
- Completely free to use to edit photos.
- Supports the Windows operating system only.
- Super easy photo editing operation.
- Comes built-in with Windows.
- Easier to learn.
- Amazing for new editors.
Another amazing photo editing software like Photoshop is Pixlr. The program is intuitive and handy as it got the look and tools quite similar to Adobe Photoshop. One of the major drawbacks is that you will not get any help or tutorial to know about the program. So, you are on your own if you are a beginner. However, the tools and operations are quite convenient to you so that you can have them understood in no time. Pixlr does not have enough artificial intelligence support, but some modifications can be done with just sliders. So, nothing to worry about. You can handle it and get the best out of it. Some of the fundamental properties of Pixlr are;
- The program is free.
- Pixlr is an online photo editing platform.
- Easy handling.
- You may need to spend some time to learn the program if you do not have a helping hand
- Photo enhancement with just a few clicks.
- Pixlr Express app is available to download and use.
PicMonkey is another one of all the similar apps like photoshop but with a simple interface. The program is a great one for you if you like to work online without downloading or installing it. You will have a large number of stock photos to choose from and use for your projects. You can add effects, tweak exposure, touch-ups, and one-click background removing the facility. Photo enhancement with resizing and cropping is good with social engagements with this one. You can use the free version of the premium version by paying a small amount. The basic properties of PicMonkey are;
- It is a free and online version.
- Compatible with any operating system, including Android.
- Removes the background with just one single click.
- The paid version of the program is quite rich with tools, facilities, and support.
Pixelmator is an excellent program for the users of MAC alternatives to Photoshop without any doubt. Well, it supports the 10th version of MAC. So, if you are a MAC user, you need to upgrade your OS to the latest version. You can use multiple monitors while using it to edit photographs. This excellent software is not free with all the facilities, but the price is reasonable. Tutorials for Pixelmator are available for you. And, you can learn quickly by following them. The basic features for the program are;
- The program is a paid version and needs additional payment for more support and features.
- Limited to MAC OS X, not compatible with Windows.
- A worthy alternative to Photoshop for MAC users.
- Enough help, support, and tutorials to learn and implement.
Acorn is another photo editing program for MAC OS X users. The app cannot be better than photoshop with enough tools, operations, or features but good enough. The latest version, Acorn 4 has smart tools such as custom brushes, instant alpha, and automation in color change, etc. You can export or import PSD (Photoshop Document) files without converting them to any other format. Acorn is capable of opening and giving access to RAW image filtering. Well, you can say an alternative to Photoshop, but it cannot be a replacement program so far. The basic properties of Acorn are;
- The software is worth $49.99 for OS X only.
- From time to time, update with simple criteria.
- Tremendous file format support without a plugin.
- Help and tutorials available.
Searching through the photo editing software around you, Serif PhotoPlus is one that is available for years. Considering the programs similar to photoshop, this one is worthy and remarkable. Also, it doesn’t matter whether you are a new or advanced photo editor; this will be the right choice. An additional facility you can get through the forum. And, that is, you can have live help and support quickly and effectively. The RAW Studio utility is so amazing to make your work simple and gorgeous. Things you should know about Serif PhotoPlus are;
- The program is a Windows version.
- The price is $89.99 for Serif PhotoPlus X6.
- Active user forum.
- Quick support for image editing and question-answers.
The quest for a Photoshop alternative comes with reasonable causes in this digital world. But, the most logical choice for photo manipulation requires programs with capabilities. So, naturally, Post-Production by Photoshop is the most effective way for image enhancements. The cost of Photoshop has driven users to look for worthy alternatives. However, if you are looking for professional quality tools and techniques, Photoshop is still superior.
Recommended Reading :
- 6 Best Photo/Image Viewers for Windows 10
- Top 15 Vector Websites to Get Free Vector Images for Commercial Use
- Top 9 Free Alternatives to Adobe Illustrator
- 10 Logo Fonts that Every Designer Use
- Top Amazing Sites with Breathtaking Free Stock Photos
- 11 Best Free PDF Editing Software
Adobe corporation has spent enough time and uses resources to make the program more advanced. But, still, all the people in the world do not need Photoshop for casual works. So, photoshop alternatives are also useful, and if you are not an advanced user, the free versions are alright for you.