The Increasing Market of Language Jobs In The UK
As the immigrant population is increasing, the need for language jobs is increasing continuously. A huge number of people immigrate to the United Kingdom each year. Corporations struggle to meet the need of a multi-lingual population. Thus, there is more opening for Bilingual or multilingual jobs in the UK. The candidates who are bilingual job seekers need to be a way out to stand out their resume. But there is no nationwide test for certifying the bilingual status. But some states require certification for specific jobs such as court translator. Few government jobs need a screening test once you are a promising candidate.
Ways to prove that you are qualified for bilingual jobs
You are singled out as a promising candidate only when you pass certain screening tests. Employers are often unaware that there are no such screening tests of bilingual applicants. But below mentioned are three ways by which you can assure that you are well qualified:
- When you are in search of lingual jobs in the USA, then you can take the certification from American translator’s Association. Though these tests are pricey a certification from institutions like this open up many more job opportunities.
- Currently, if you don’t want to spend money or time taking the tests then you can build up your professional references. There are plenty of resources on the internet to help you get jobs in the UK. It includes job ideas, warnings about scams, understanding of terminology and information about pay scale.
- While searching for multilingual jobs you can search job search sites like Jolang which provide you language specific listings and they have their own certification tests. They also provide a variety of free resources including ideas for grooming resume, information regarding famous companies and many more. Their customer service representatives are always ready to answer all the relevant questions related to a job opening.
Therefore, you must take time to research for each job you apply to and learn all the industry-specific terminologies in all the required languages. If you know two or more languages then you are definitely at an advantage over people who can speak a single language. Many companies have dealings and trade throughout the world that’s why they have numerous jobs for multilingual speakers.
Why there is a demand for multilingual jobs?
- There are different industries where a bilingual person is needed. On average for jobs in Canada, there is about twenty percent more salary for people who know more languages. This is because it is considered that they are able to do more dealings than the persons who know just one language.
- Companies generate jobs for multilingual speakers because they believe that employing such a person will save the company’s money in the long term by removing the need for translators for documents and interpreters for conversation.
- There is a diverse range of industries that currently have bilingual positions available. Among that airline is one major industry that is bringing jobs for bilingual speakers. The job openings are for cabin crew, ground crew, and customer service staffs.
- Travel tourism and hospitality industry is another related industry to the airline which is generating jobs in the UK for multilingual speakers. This is because there are lots of international people who apply for immigration.
Above all when jobs in the UK is considered then there are numerous openings for a bilingual salesperson. If you want to offer your language skills to a company and you are in sales then you can get a job with a handsome salary. Therefore, the overall benefits of being bilingual are huge and you can consider it for taking it as a new career opportunity.