How to Auto-Reply in Gmail
Are you tired of replying to long emails with the same tests again and again? Replying to emails can be regarded as one of the tasks of “Adulting,” which most of us dislike quite a lot. Communication is tiring as it is, and when you have to reply with the same texts to every mail, it makes you want to go AWOL for good. So, what is the solution for this? Google has introduced an auto-reply option in Gmail, which helps in replying to long mails with the same texts of your choice.
Has it ever happened to you that you were in the middle of an entertaining activity, maybe a movie date or a breakout escape room koramangala game, and the thought of replying to important emails kept interrupting you? If you relate to this, then the auto-reply option is a godsend blessing for you!
Auto-reply option in Gmail enables your Gmail to send an automated message to the sender that you will respond to their email soon. This message can be anything from “Thank you for your message, we will get back to you soon” to a more specific “I will be back from July 2nd.” Many businesses are using these auto-reply options to manage their operations.
The best part about these auto-generated replies is that though they are very obviously not from the actual receiver, they still give the senders a confirmation that their mail has reached you, and they will get a reply soon. Another favorable characteristic of this feature is that you can customize the auto-reply mails according to your requirements.
How to Set Up an Automatic Reply in Gmail?
Looking at how you can set the automatic reply for your business when you are out on vacation or how to create an auto-reply for customer services? We have formulated some methods that can benefit you and your business.
You will have to set up a canned reply before sending an auto-reply in Gmail. Follow these steps to set up a canned answer:
- Begin by switching in your Gmail account.
- Surf to the settings on the top-right corner of your PC.
- Click on the ‘Advanced’ option in the setting and select the ‘Enable’ option next to the ‘Canned Responses.’
- The canned responses are now enabled,and you can now compose a new mail by clicking on the compose icon. Now type out the message you want to send automatically and click on the three dots in the email window to bring up email options. Select the ‘New Canned Responses in the Canned Responses menu.
- You will see a window appear where you have to fill in the name of the canned response and select it for future use.
Send the Auto Reply Message:
Now, since you have set up a canned message, you are ready to use it as an auto-response for your specific mails.
- Click on the settings menu.
- Click on the ‘Filters and blocked Addresses’ option and select ‘Create a new filter’
- In the pop-up window, you can select which filters you want to apply for the Gmail filter. You can customize the form, subject, or option easily here and click ‘Create filter’ once done.
- Select the option of ‘Send canned response’ and choose the canned response you created before.
- Click on ‘Create filter’ and VOILA! Your auto-reply mail is set up.
Setting up filters for canned responses is extremely beneficial when you are trying to send cold emails to grow a brand. If the new mail you compose fits the criteria set under the filter, you will be able to receive the canned reply automatically.
How to set up an auto-reply message in Gmail: Tutorial
For Sending Out Mails During a Vacation:
Tired of replying with the same texts to everyone for office mails? Then, the easiest way to resolve this is by setting a vacation responder that will take care of your mails when you are out de-stressing.
- Go to the setting option in the top-right corner.
- Scroll down to the box next to the Vacation responder and switch it on.
- Set your automatic reply dates, or you can also do it manually.
- Now, type out the office message that you need to send, and this will automatically send a message to anyone who replies to you during your vacation. The auto-reply also attaches your signature to the automatic replies.
- Finally, save the changes.
(Gmail sends a vacation response to each recipient only once.)
You can also explore other scopes of this auto-reply feature by sifting through options such as only sending a response to people in my contact box or by using a designable reply to everyone. If the Gmail account you use is from a particular company or school, this option will only be available to be sent to people in your organization.
Gmail auto-reply is a great way to organize your replies online. The responses you get from customer care services of companies are also auto-generated. We have prepared for you this list based on the common uses, but the auto-reply option can be used in a million ways. So, you can explore and learn through the process.