Guide to Covid 19 cover under Star Health Insurance
The IRDA has recently launched the Corona Kavach Policy which offers wholesome medical insurance coverage for those who suffer from COVID 19 complications. Most of the health insurance companies in India, including Star Health, are now offering this cover. Take a look at this article to know more about the Star Health COVID cover.
Benefits of the Star Health COVID 19 cover
Let us begin by looking at the features of the health plan to cover COVID 19:
- Available for everyone –
The plan is available on an individual as well as a family floater basis. This makes it simple for you to choose a variant that meets your requirements. Anyone from a newborn child to a 65-year-old person can be enrolled under this plan.
- Short waiting period –
The plan has a very short waiting period of just about 2 weeks. You can expect to get the claim if you require health care for Corona after 15 days of buying the plan.
- Flexible cover –
The coverage amount varies between INR 50,000 and INR 5 lakhs. You can choose a coverage amount depending on what the needs and requirements of your family are. There is no compulsion or restriction to buy a COVID 19 medical cover of a specific value only.
- Cashless claim available –
You can get treated at any of Star Health’s network hospitals and get the cashless facility. You can also opt for the reimbursement claim if you get admitted and treated at a non-network hospital.
- In house claim settlement –
As we all know, Star Health doesn’t employ a TPA. They have an in-house claim settlement team which ensures you have a quick and hassle-free claim settlement process.
- No pre-policy screening needed –
You do not have to get a pre-policy screening done before getting enrolled in the Star Health COVID 19 cover. This makes it even easier and quicker for you to get this very important health insurance cover.
- Tax benefit –
You get an income tax benefit of INR 25,000 under Section 80 D of the Indian Income Tax Act for the premium you pay towards the Star Health COVID 19 cover. This proves to be another huge advantage.
These features make the Star Health COVID 19 cover a very handy Corona health plan for anyone looking to buy such a cover.
Covers available under the Star Health COVID 19 cover
Now, let us take a detailed look at the covers available under the Star Health COVID 19 cover:
- Inpatient care – Many people need to be hospitalised due to COVID 19 complications. All expenses for in-patient care are covered under this policy from Star Health Insurance.
- ICU Care – It is not rare to have COVID patients admitted in the ICU. If you require ICU care, the policy will pay for your medical expenses.
- Oxygen cover – Oxygen is needed in large quantities for the treatment of COVID 19. The Star Health Corona Kavach Policy pays for the oxygen costs.
- Physicians’ fees – All physicians’ fees are covered under this plan.
- Diagnostic tests – If you require additional diagnostic tests to determine the level of illness when you have COVID, you can make a claim for the expenses incurred.
- Ambulance cover – Ambulance charges, upto a maximum amount of INR 2000 is included in the Star Health COVID 19 cover.
- Pre and post-hospital care – Pre and post-hospital care, related to the COVID 19 complications, are available under this health insurance plan.
- Domiciliary care – A vast number of COVD10 patients need treatment at home, without getting admitted to a hospital. You need to get quarantined at home and follow your doctor’s instructions. Expenses incurred at such a time would be covered under the Star Health COVID 19 cover. This can include the cost of medicines, diagnostic tests, physician fees, etc.
- Ayush care – If you opt to get treated for your Coronavirus ailment under alternative forms of medicine, such as AYUSH, you can make a claim under the Star Health Corona Kavach Policy as this cover is included in the plan as well.
- Hospital cash – The hospital cash benefit is available as an add-on cover under the Star Health COVID 19 health coverage plan.
You can buy the plan till you are 65 years old. The plan is a single tenure policy that you cannot renew. You can buy the plan for periods of 3, 6 or 9 months.
The final word
At a time when the world is grappling with a pandemic, a health insurance policy to specifically cover the conditions related to the pandemic indeed proves to be highly beneficial. Star Health Insurance one of the oldest and most trusted health insurance companies in India, and so, their COVID 19 mediclaim cover is definitely one of the best. Buy the plan if you have not done so already and keep yourself as well as your loved ones safe at such uncertain times.