Comprehensive Car Insurance Claim Process – all you need to know!
Car insurance is meant to protect you from losing your hard earned money in case there is a car accident or total loss. The insurance provider covers all repair costs in the event of damage against your comprehensive insurance policy. A comprehensive car insurance policy covers third-party liabilities.
What is a comprehensive insurance policy?
There are two types of insurance policies – third-party insurance and comprehensive insurance. While third-party insurance covers damages caused to third-party people and vehicles, a comprehensive policy offers coverage to your own car in addition to the third-party coverage. Comprehensive insurance also covers your vehicle against damages caused due to fire, natural calamities, man made disasters and theft. It also offers insurance to the primary owner of insurance in the event of an accident. While the premium of a comprehensive insurance policy may be higher, so are the benefits and hence, must be procured for every vehicle.
Comprehensive car insurance claim
A comprehensive car insurance claim is a process where the insurance holder files for compensation for damages incurred to the car due to accident, theft, natural or manmade calamities, fire etc. This claim process can be made easier by the car insurance online claim process. The process reduces paperwork and saves time as one can file a claim online through the mobile app or website.
Types of comprehensive insurance claims
There are primarily two types of insurance claims. They are –
- Cashless claim: In a cashless claim, you can get your car repaired at any of the network garages and the cost of repair is directly settled by the insurance company as per the terms of your car insurance policy. Many car insurance policies offer additional facilities like a free wash, pick and drop etc. depending on the garages and localities you live in. With the option of a cashless claim, you can also file for instant claim settlement for minor car damages like a bumper dent, broken mirror etc.
- Reimbursement claim: In this type of claim process, you can get your car repaired at any garage of your choice and file for a claim later. Once the repairs are done, you need to submit the bills and receipts of the repair to your insurance provider for reimbursement for the amount you have paid. This can be done online also through the mobile application or website of the car insurance. The invoice copies can be uploaded and cost reimbursed as per the terms of your policy.
Documents required for comprehensive insurance claim
Having an understanding of the claim process is important to ensure a hassle-free claim settlement process. Here is a list of documents needed for filing a claim for car insurance online:
- A copy of the driving license
- A copy of the insurance certificate
- RC of the car
- ID proof of policyholder
- FIR copy
- Report of the fire brigade, if applicable
- Copy of cancelled cheque
- Copy of receipts of repair
Comprehensive insurance claim process:
Given below is a step-by-step guide to the comprehensive insurance claim process –
- After the accident, it is important to inform the insurance company as soon as possible about the damages. You must also get the details of the other vehicle that caused the damage.
- You should have adequate proof in terms of videos and photos.
- Report the incident within the mentioned time frame.
- Report to the police authorities and get a copy of the FIR. When filing the FIR, you would also need a copy of the registration certificate.
- Keep the details of the car, driver and witnesses handy and also mention the in FIR.
- After the claim submission, a surveyor will evaluate the case and investigate the vehicle.
- This claim can also be filed online through the app and website.
Important points to remember when filing a claim for car insurance online
- Check your car thoroughly to assess the damages to the vehicle as well as yourself for any injuries sustained.
- The claim must be filed within the stipulated time frame, often 24 hours.
- Keep a record of the make and model, number and colour of the other vehicle involved in the accident.
- Have the names and contact details of the witnesses handy. These will be needed in case you need to identify the party responsible for the damages.
- Opt for cashless claim settlement at any of the network garages to get a convenient and hassle-free repair.
Comprehensive insurance comes with a higher premium as compared to third-party car insurance. The premium of comprehensive car insurance online is based on the insured declared value of your car. Hence, at the time of car insurance renewal, you must consider the age of your car to reassess the IDV. Also, it is equally important to renew your car insurance online to avoid penalties and the high cost of repair and losing your accumulated benefits.
What reasons lead to comprehensive insurance claim rejection?
Some of the reasons for your claim getting rejected are –
- Accidents or damages occurred outside the geographical locations mentioned in the policy document.
- Accidents occurred when the driver was under influence of drugs, alcohol or substance.
- Accidents occurred when the car was involved in illegal activities.
- Claims were filed after the policy got expired or was not renewed.
- Fraudulent claims
For comprehensive insurance, there is no said limit to the number of claims you can file in a policy tenure, often one year. However, it is suggested to avoid filing claims for minor damages and repairs. As a standard rule, the cost of repairs should be higher than your scheduled no-claim bonus to make the claim worth filing. Additionally, filing multiple claims can impact your claim history and lead to a higher rate of premium at the time of renewal.
Disclaimer – The above information is for illustrative purposes only. For more details, please refer to the policy wordings and prospectus before concluding the sales.