6 Best Tools for Mobile Web Application Testing
Developing a mobile application is a tough task, indeed, but developers know that it is still less infuriating than the application testing process. Testing an application and curing errors is still a nightmare for many developers. However, with time, just like everything else, the application testing process has evolved as well. While expert developers have had enough of manual testing, automated testing came into existence.
With the help of automated testing, developers can find glitches and anomalies easily in the app codes to cure them. Now, with the help of various web application testing tools, it is getting easier to find issues and debug them to release the final version of the application.
Find : 20 Best Software Development Tools
If you are a developer and you are also stuck in a loop of testing and errors, you should keep reading this blog. In this blog, we will discuss 6 best web application testing tools that can save time, money, and your efforts from getting wasted.
Benefits of Web Application Testing Tools
Before we begin discussing web application testing tools and their names, let’s discuss some benefits first!
- Well, among all on-demand app benefits these tools can provide you, saving investment is the best of them all. You can save the cost of buying the latest devices or hiring extra developers to help you out in finishing tasks before the deadline;
- Moreover, you will get more accurate and faster results without worrying about humane errors;
- Automated testing tools will also help you in debugging issues by informing you about possible solutions along with issues;
- You will minimize the risk of releasing a flawed app and making a bad impression on users’ minds.
Top 6 Web Application Testing Tools
MonkeyTalk is an open-source cross-platform web application testing app that lets you convert its script in Java. Moreover, you can manage, replay, and edit already existing mobile app scripts with this tool.
Features of MonkeyTalk:
- The tool offers automated tests for Android and iOs applications;
- The app has a simple and easy to learn scripting language which can be learned to perform independent mobile app tests;
- The tool can be used as a standalone or as an Eclipse plugin on devices like Mac, Windows, and Linux systems;
#2. Eggplant Testing
Eggplant testing is an advanced mobile app testing tool that uses AI to support its framework. The AI-controlled automated test performs an almost accurate analysis and provides reports with screenshots and debugs.
Features of Eggplant Testing
- The testing process works in three stages; Automated test execution, expanded automation throughout the entire test process, and linking between Dev and Ops to learn the possible behavior of the real user;
- AI-supported QA is capable of predicting app behavior as well as debugs with the help of AI and machine learning;
- Various sectors like healthcare, finance, defense, etc are trusting Eggplant testing tools as their app testing solution.
Kobiton allows manual and automated testing for your app on various devices. The app allows you in identifying possible app development errors to prevent them before you release the app. Kobiton is a cross-platform app testing tool that supports app testing processes on real devices.
Features of Kobiton
- The scriptless testing solution allows the tool in 10x faster delivery of results;
- You get to zoom into the specific issue to resolve it with needlepoint accuracy;
- Before releasing the app, the tool can help you in running regression tests, monitoring key performance indicators to assure you of the quality;
- You can choose any real device and perform your app test on the same to make sure that users won’t face any errors after its release.
Developers love Appium due to its awesome automation tests for native, hybrid, and mobile web applications. The tool is capable of testing iOs, Android, and windows applications. Moreover, Appium is an open-source application testing tool.
Features of Appium
- Appium won’t ask you to recompile your application to run an automated test;
- You can use your preferred testing frameworks, practices, and tools for your assurance;
- The tool supports an automated testing system for apps from any language;
Selendroid uses automated tests written by using the Selenium 2 client API. The tool can be used on emulators and devices to perform testing. Moreover, the tool comes with documentation that explains how developers can install and use Selendroid to perform automated testing on their web applications.
Features of Selendroid
- Selendroid comes with 100% compatibility with JSON Wire Protocol and Selenium 3;
- To run automated tests, no modifications are required in-app scripts;
- With the help of different locator types, UI elements can be located and reviewed;
- The built-in inspector is used to simplify test case development.
TestingBot has an experience of over 8 years in web browsers and application testing. This easy to use testing tool is known to perform 6 million+ tests each month. Moreover, you can access 2600+ real devices for live and automated testing of your application.
Features of Testing Bot
- Mobile Testing allows you to test your website on Android and iOs devices;
- Moreover, for the app testing process, you can either pick devices from the Public Cloud or Private cloud to run sessions;
- Test on real devices like iPhones, iPads, Android Phones, Tablets, etc for best assurance;
- Moreover, the tool doesn’t use jailbroken devices for the testing process.
These tools which we have mentioned above, many of top mobile development companies talk about them often due to their accuracy and speed of delivering results.
Moreover, if you are a developer, you might have seen the growth of digitalization in the market. While many small retailers and businesses are running towards the direction of digital transformation in businesses, demand for high-quality apps will increase as well. So, these automated testing tools might be proved as more helpful in the future when demand will be much higher than the supply of apps.
Recommended reading :
- 7 Steps to Automation Acceptance in Android Mobile App Testing
- The Keys to Creating a Successful Mobile Application
- Django Vs Ruby on Rails
- MongoDB Versus MySQL
- Why and How to Turn Website into Progressive Web App?
Jason Camaya loves carrying his camera wherever he goes. When he doesn’t click pictures, Jason loves to write, play video games, and procrastinate. He has been writing for the technology vertical for quite sometime now, and as talented as he gets, he is giving tough competition to his fellow writers. He has been featured in many websites and blogs.