Amazon Affiliate Programs to Make Money Online: How Can You Do It?
Amazon Affiliate Program, also known as Amazon Associates, is an arrangement between Amazon, the retailer, and you, the advertiser, through which Amazon gives you a small commission every time a buyer clicks on your link to make a qualifying purchase. Small commission because Amazon still has a relatively low payout compared to other affiliate programs around.
Along with its expanded product line, huge customer base, and well-established name, as an advertiser with the right research and marketing, you can definitely find different strategies to promote the products and make money.
Here are some ways to get started:
#1. Affiliate Courses
As a beginner, before taking the first step on your affiliate marketing journey, solid knowledge and training through tutorials, guides and ebooks are recommended to equip you before you strike on your own. You can find course reviews available online for recommendations from first-hand experiences. While there are courses offered for free, enrolling to a reputable affiliate with a reasonable rate is still going to be worth it. Trial and error is another way if you have all the time in your hands.
Signing up to Amazon to become a marketer affiliate is free. No experience or credentials required to be accepted, and you can start immediately. Here’s a step by step guide to register an account in Amazon:
- Go to Amazon Affiliate website and enter your country of origin.
- Provide your email address. Select “I am a new customer” or “I am a returning customer, and my password is:” whichever is applicable.
- Type the required registration data such as Name, email address, and password.
- Fill out the account information.
- Fill out the your website profile.
- Enter your phone number to call for a PIN as part of their verification process.
- After putting the PIN, read the terms and condition and click Agree.
- The thank you page will then show you your unique Associates ID.
#3. Find the right channel
There are different ways to promote your Amazon Affiliate Links such as:
This is the most common way affiliates make money. Blogging can be done through:
- Promoting base on your expertise. If you are an expert on something such as sport, yoga, baking, etc., your audience will trust your recommendation.
- An in-depth Product Review. People find product review blogs useful especially if the product is still new. They would want to know what they’re investing their money for.
- Product Comparison Blog. It helps the reader come up with a decision on which item to buy when you contrast and compare different products.
- Tutorial Blog Post. People often go to Google to search for How To’s information, thus, making this post an effective tool to promote. Whether it’s a product-specific or process-specific tutorial, it can attract organic traffic tremendously. You can try blogging courses.
- Social Media
You may also create posts with affiliate Links on social media platforms such as Facebook business page or group, YouTube video or Pinterest. Just indicate that the link posted is an affiliate link for transparency purposes to avoid unfollows.
- Create Great Content
Like any other home-based-money-making business, being an affiliate requires research, work, and marketing. Here are a few things to take note of when creating great content:
- Understand who your audience are and know what they can afford. This will help you determine which products to promote.
- Be specific on the list you are creating. Having a broad list doesn’t always go too well. Thin down your category to the extent that it becomes specifically helpful.
- Promote only the items you have tried. Knowing that you have purchased the items, and used them gives you all the rights to recommend it. Your experience is going to be your best armor here so you won’t just appear to be another stranger on a review website.
- Don’t shove the products on your readers. When writing a post with helpful products, make sure your recommendation fits naturally. The key is to just get your readers in the buying mindset and on Amazon.
- Update and monetize old posts. If you already have an existing blog, go back to your most popular posts and look for the sentences where you literally promote a product and update it with an affiliate link. Or you may work on adding new paragraphs to make it work.
- Do not stuff your content with links. Getting paid by every click and purchases on your link is tempting enough for you to write a piece full of affiliate links and earn right away. This is commonly called is selling out. This will can cause significant damage to your reputation and eventually hurt your traffic and income.
- Utilize Amazon Associate Dashboard. The dashboard lets you see how your links are performing, how much you’re generating and what people are purchasing through your links. By monitoring these stats regularly, you can determine what works best on your blog. It is beneficial when you are writing a new post or updating an old one.
Amazon Affiliate Program is a great way to earn passive income even for beginners. It is easy to understand and can be used immediately. There is a wide selection of products to promote which bloggers in any niche can significantly benefit. Amazon is a well-known retailer and building a website monetized through Amazon Affiliate is a guaranteed growth when talking about generating income online.