Why CBD is Becoming a Game Changer For Many Athletes?
What is CBD?
CBD or cannabidiol is a phytocannabinoid; a compound found in cannabis plan and is known to support the mind and the body in lots of different ways, even though its use is rather controversial.CBD is extracted from hemp, a special type of cannabis plant. One can find CBD in flower or bud form, but the most fundamental and commonly used form of it is oil. Among cannabis plant, hemp contains low THC level, which is the psychoactive compound. THC or delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol is very common compound that is found in cannabis plant. CBD is different from THC.
Difference between CBD and THC:
- When consumed THC alters the mind. However, unlike THC, CBD isn’t. This means that your state of mind does not change with the use of CBD. Moreover, certain changes can be noted within the human body, suggesting medical benefits.
- In our body, THC affects the receptor CB1, which is responsible for or mood, emotions, pain, movement, coordination, memories, appetite, thinking, and many other functions. This is the reason THC is psychoactive. Whereas CBD affects the CB2 receptors, which are mainly cause positive changes in one’s immune system and affect pain and inflammation.
CBD is highly beneficial to both human animal heaths in many ways. It is a natural pain reliever and it has anti-inflammatory properties. Research has shown that CBD provides a better treatment, especially for people with chronic pain comparing to other pain-relief drugs.
What are the myths about CBD and why are some athletes reluctant to use it?
Usually people wrongly relate all cannabis products with intoxication and with marijuana that will affect you psychologically. That is why athletes stay away from it.
But the truth is our CBD tinctures , which are extracted from hemp cannabis, do not contain any THC (the psychoactive ingredient) and therefore it is completely legal even for athletes.
How can athletes benefit by using CBD?
An athlete’s, body is subjected to injury, pain, fatigue etc and after a long day of practice these effects are even larger. Research has proven that, CBD has better medicinal properties, comparing to other drugs, especially when it is used for athletes.
- Inflammation and pain are some of the major issues that an athlete faces on a daily basis. CBD oil, which has anti-inflammatory properties, acts greatly in treating any kind of muscle injury. Painkillers like Vicodin can also reduce the pain but at the same time they can put you in a fog. CBD is a more natural way to treat the pain, without putting your brain into a fog.
- Getting hurt is a common thing for athletes. CBD has fast healing properties, which helps athletes to recover faster.
- No matter how long you practice and how much you get trained, as an athlete, you can still get nervous before a big game. Athletes, who undergo stress or anxiety, should positively use CBD as it has anti-depressant properties. Research has now shown that CBD oil can naturally treat the anxiety just as other cannabis, but without any of the side effects of the latter.
- As an athlete, having a perfect body is must and a lot of effort goes into keeping it. Athletes cannot indulge themselves into eating unhealthy foods and have to control their appetite. CBD works great in restraining the appetite and controlling weight. Often athletes need to reduce their weight and follow a certain diet plan before showing games and CBD products can help it as it not only crabs your appetite but also keeps you feeling full for a longer time.
These are the reasons, why CBD is getting popular day by day among the athletes. It is completely legal, natural and has some good health beneficial properties. Even coaches are recommending CBD products nowadays. So stop compromising on your health and enjoy the benefits of CBD in its many forms. If you are interested in premium CBD tinctures click here.