Who Is A Pulmonologist And When To See One?
Are you experiencing discomfort while breathing? You might need to consult a pulmonologist in such circumstances. A pulmonologist is a doctor who specializes in issues related to the respiratory system and treats pulmonology diseases. You can now consult a pulmonologist online as various platforms have come up that host experienced doctors on their sites to make it easier and convenient for patients to consult them.
Who Is A Pulmonologist?
A pulmonologist is a specialist who understands how the lungs work. After years of study and practice, they earn this capability of diagnosing and treating any problems starting from the windpipe to the lungs. When you consult a pulmonologist online, you can choose from doctors specializing in asthma, COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease), pulmonary fibrosis if you are aware of what you are suffering from. They also treat infectious diseases such as pneumonia, tuberculosis, and many other ailments concerning the lungs and breathing.
However, if you are clueless about what is happening to you, we have put forth a few symptoms, which is a sign that you should consult a pulmonologist.
Symptoms Indicating It Is Time To See A Pulmonologist
At first, any discomfort, such as cough related to cold or allergies, you face, it would help if you consult your family doctor. However, if the symptoms become severe or persist for more than three weeks, with your primary doctor’s advice, you can go for a pulmonologist.
Other signs that indicate it is time you visit a pulmonology specialist, or you can consult a pulmonologist online are:
- Chest pain
- Dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting
- Breathing difficulty (during exercise)
- Chronic or recurring bronchitis
- Colds affecting your respiratory system
- Severe asthma
Consulting A Pulmonologist Online
You must be wondering how reliable is consulting a pulmonologist online. Well, it is equally dependable and useful to see such a specialist on online platforms. These are highly experienced doctors who charge a minimal consultation fee, and you can book an appointment as per their time of availability. The process only takes a few steps, which we have mentioned below.
- Choose an online consultation platform and sign up, or if you already have an account then log in.
- Pick the department you want to consult a doctor in, such as gynaecology, neurology, pulmonology, etc. You can also consult various surgeons such as gastro, neuro, and many more and experts such as nutrition experts, therapists, among many others.
- Next, select a doctor from the list provided. This list mentions the doctor’s name, education, years of experience, the time they are available from, their consultation fee, and current practice.
- After choosing the doctor, you need to select whether you want to consult with the doctor in live audio or video format.
- There you are! You can get specialized expert advice on your ailment or discomfort.
Consulting a doctor is necessary for your safety and your good health. A regular health checkup is a must to keep a check on your health and well-being. However, if you are going through any specific ailment, you should always consult a specialist for the proper treatment you deserve. Nowadays, consulting a doctor can also be done from your homes’ comfort, like consulting a pulmonologist online if you are suffering from respiratory problems. We hope we have helped you in understanding who a pulmonologist is and when you should see one.