9 Inexpensive and Safe Remedies to Get Rid of Under Eye Wrinkles
Wrinkles show prominently around your delicate eye area. That’s because the thin, delicate skin around these parts can do little to mask the problem, more so, to even resist wrinkles from forming at all.
Skin care science has done plenty in the area of anti-aging skincare.
This is why more and more women and men around the world are putting the fate of their aging skin on wrinkle creams and procedures to help keep them youthful looking longer.
Fortunately, the renewed interest in all-natural lifestyles and emphasis on the benefits of going all organic have also renewed public interest in natural solutions to aging skin problems, that includes remedies to get rid of under eye wrinkles.
- 1 Remedy No. 1: Ice and massage the area around your eyes
- 2 Remedy No. 2: Soak your eyes with a face mask
- 3 Remedy No. 3: Get on a skincare routine suitable for aging skin
- 4 Remedy No. 4: Exfoliate
- 5 Remedy No. 5: Glycerin or aloe
- 6 Remedy No. 6: Stop squinting
- 7 Remedy No. 7: Don’t leave your eyes to dry out
- 8 Remedy No. 8: Get enough sleep
- 9 Remedy No. 9: Eat well and exercise
What remedies work best for under eye wrinkles?
There are a number of products which can heal wrinkles on eye but, there are also a number of tried and tested remedies that you can try. Not only do the following tips to get rid of your eye wrinkles work up visible improvements but also give you improvements that last at low to no cost at all:
Remedy No. 1: Ice and massage the area around your eyes
These techniques do not only relax muscles around and underneath your eyes but also helps almost instantly constrict veins in these parts to improve circulation and fluid drainage. When blood, oxygen and other nutrient levels reaching these areas go up, your skin also gets more support for improving healing and recovery mechanisms that help clear up your eyes of leaked fluids and pigments that cause your under eyes to darken. A sleep mask that you can freeze can be a wonderfully relaxing addition to your nightly regimen.
Remedy No. 2: Soak your eyes with a face mask
It’s so easy to DIY a concoction that significantly boosts the hydration and moisture content of your under eyes to plump skin and smoothen out your wrinkles. Here are two recipes that you can try:
- Ginger and Honey Mask. You can either use a ginger oil or extract or, use a processor or a grater to cut it up in very tiny pieces. Just the smell alone of that ginger sends your senses to a more relaxed state. Add honey, a strong natural humectant that helps your skin retain higher amounts of moisture at any given time. Make sure to close your eyes before applying and to keep it closed until you take off this concoction as the aroma of ginger may cause you to feel a stinging sensation.
- Yogurt and lemon. This DIY skin recipe combines a yummy craving, yogurt, which contains lactic acid, an alpha hydroxy acid, and lemon which has natural astringent properties. Use the juice of a quarter of a lemon with about three spoonfuls of yogurt. Test and, if you still feel a burning sensation, add more yogurt. Spread the mixture over freshly cleansed skin. This will help exfoliate, tone, and rehydrate your skin all at the same time.
Remedy No. 3: Get on a skincare routine suitable for aging skin
Are you still trapped in that false pretense that you should stick to your decades old skincare regimen because it really works? Don’t kid yourself. Your skin requires a different kind of care at every decade in your lifetime. The reason is simple: your skin now is different from your skin when you were 20. Now may be the perfect time for you to revisit the basics:
- What skin type are you? Older skin types have a general tendency to be chronically dry. However, some people in their 40’s up to 60’s may still be challenged by excessively oily skin, for which the primary reason involves sharp fluctuations in hormonal levels. If you’re not so lucky, you may even be faced with acne issues at this point in your life.
- What are your most pressing skin issues? You can’t win the battle if you fight it on all fronts. If wrinkles bother you the most now then, concentrate on that issue. If age spots are becoming your worst nightmare then, focus on solutions that help minimize how they appear first.
Remedy No. 4: Exfoliate
Aging skin is particularly suffering from slow skin regeneration and turnover rates. Exfoliating regularly can help you up your collagen production so that your skin can better cope with damages that naturally beset aging and mature skin. A simple DIY exfoliator combines about a third cup of pure virgin coconut oil, and unrefined brown sugar. Cleanse before massaging the mixture into your skin. Leave on for up to 15 minutes before rinsing off.
Remedy No. 5: Glycerin or aloe
Available in pure forms, these two ingredients are among the most effective natural solutions that enhances skin rejuvenation and healing. When you decide to try this, make sure that you are getting only cosmetic grade to avoid irritating your skin.
Remedy No. 6: Stop squinting
Squinting is one of the habits that can harm your eyes the most. If you have a vision problem, get your eyes checked and use prescription glasses if necessary. Put on your sunglasses whenever you need to be outdoors during the day.
Remedy No. 7: Don’t leave your eyes to dry out
Not only do dry eyes make you squint or damage your vision, these also cause skin around your eyes to dry out and manifest signs of aging sooner. There are eye drops specially formulated to deliver artificial tears. If you’re spending most of your waking hours typing up on your devices then, you should also consider using artificial tears to relax your eyes.
Remedy No. 8: Get enough sleep
Stress can wear you down. In general stress and sleeplessness are among the top causes of skin aging. You know why? When you are short of rest and sleep, you are giving your body, including your skin, very little time to heal, cope and recover from damage. What happens next is that all of these minute damages build up over time and develop into noticeable fine lines, wrinkles, saggy skin, and other signs of skin aging. All the while, all you ever needed was a break. So, be good to yourself. Always pay attention to what stresses you and do something about it.
Remedy No. 9: Eat well and exercise
Did you really think that you can get away with a fast food diet and without exercise? You probably could if you were superhuman but, you’re not. Getting on a balanced diet and regular workouts are basic recipes to a healthier, younger looking skin. Dump the junk from your diet and sign up for a workout you will enjoy. Not only will these changes correct your wrinkles and protecting your skin from aging but also give you a fitter, leaner body. Now, wouldn’t that be a change worth taking?
You don’t need to make a fortune to afford your aging skin the care and attention it requires to stay youthful longer. Now and in the future, your skin requires these 9 inexpensive means to cope and get ahead of aging. Of course, the sooner you start, the better and more longer lasting the results will be.
Daisy Grace is a health and beauty expert. She enjoys writing on different topics related to women health issues and skincare.She also writes on different advanced techniques for skin like microdermabrasion, diamond peel etc.. She is also exploring new things related to general health and beauty.
Facebook link- https://www.facebook.com/daisy.grace.12
Twitter link- https://twitter.com/grcaedaisy