How to Pass the Medical College Admission Test in 2019
MCAT or ‘Medical College Admission Test’ is basically a standardized computer-based test to test the eligibility of a student for entering into medical colleges in the USA and Canada. Approximately 80,000 to 85,000 students compete in this examination every year and among them, only few can get admitted.
To be a medical student there, you need to score high in MCAT which is not impossible yet quite difficult. In this article, I am going to tell you how to pass the medical college admission test with a good score in 2019.
How to Pass the Medical College Admission Test in 2019?
This particular test helps to evaluate your key knowledge on some principles and concepts regarding social science, natural science, and behavioral science.
MCAT admission exam tests your eligibility on different skills and knowledge including:
- Biological Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Verbal Reasoning
As the question is based on MCQs, you need to have a clear idea about every topic otherwise you will not be able to score well. And, to do that, you can follow these instructions that a number of students like you found helpful to pass the medical college admission test. So, let’s jump right in!
- While preparing for the MCAT, you need to be very tricky. You must have a clear concept about all the subjects. Get a basic idea about each subject. Emphasize on the scientific approaches and on your language proficiency.
- The MCAT preparation is based on knowing contents clearly and then applying them on the exam.
- Do not run after success, run after perfection, success lies there.
- The MCAT exam runs for 6.15 hours at a stretch which is the most crucial period of your life. To get acquainted with this environment, take at least 5 full-length preparation exams before you sit for the final test. Trust me, it helps a lot.
- If you think that you need to study 10-12 hours a day, then you are wrong. I have seen a number of students spending this much time on their preparation but they didn’t pass the MCAT exam. Try not to spend your time learning useless topics. Learn the things that are easy to remember and practice regularly. I would like to tell you to spend 4 hours efficiently and to continue it every day.
- During the exam, do not be in a hurry that you tend to miss a question. Do not get panicked. Try to understand each question and answer them with the knowledge you gathered.
- Since there is no negative marking in this exam, you must not leave any question unanswered. Do encircle the most appropriate answer with your finger crossed.
- You need to learn time management during the MCAT preparation. Take more preparation tests and try to solve the questions within the given time.
- While studying, keep your phone out of your reach. Stop checking your messages and notifications every 5 minutes. Do not get involved into chatting while reading otherwise you won’t be able to go deeper into any topic and thus, you’ll fail eventually.
- Ask yourself what you are studying, how you are studying and why you are studying. Read with seriousness and be cool in the exam hall. Good luck!