5 Top Health and Beauty Benefits for using CBD creams and CBD capsules
Beauty products, culinary, SPA treatments and even chocolate bars. In the world of wellness, a new trend emerges: the CBD (cannabidiol), composed of cannabis without a psychoactive effect, has arrived with force in the universe of well-being and no one talks about anything else.
But, after all: what is the CBD and what are its health benefits? Is it safe to use? We prepare a guide with everything you need to know about the substance and its derivative products like CBD creams and CBD capsules.
Starting at the beginning: Hemp
To begin with, it is important to understand the difference between hemp vs. marijuana. Both are plants of the same genus, cannabis sativa, but of different varieties and are to be understood as two separate things. In practice, hemp is grown by its seeds, fibers and stem. The cultivation techniques guarantee that the plant will not have branches and also there are almost no flowers, since the focus of the growth will be only the trunk to obtain fibers.
Marijuana, however, is grown mainly for the production of THC, tetrahydrocannabinol, Cannabis’ most famous asset and known for its psychoactive properties (the “cheap” component). Marijuana contains high levels of THC and hemp has virtually no THC in its composition (at most, 0.3%), but has a high content of CBD, cannabidiol.
What is CBD (cannabidiol)?
CBD or cannabidiol is one of about 100 substances known as cannabinoids found in the Cannabis sativa plant. Unlike THC, CBD is not associated with psychoactive effects and does not affect motor activity, memory, appetite or body temperature. In fact, CBD weakens the psychoactive effects of THC and is known as a negative THC modulator. CBD oil, a concentrated version of the cannabidiol compound, is an extract typically extracted from the hemp plant.
The Benefits of CBD (cannabidiol)
Why is everyone talking about the CBD? We already know that the active does not cause side effects that affect the mind. Several scientific studies classify CBD as “well tolerated and safe” and with a plethora of health benefits. Despite the taboo and fear around substance, the CBD has been used for centuries as a healing herb to deal with everything: from anxiety to pain – it is said that Queen Victoria relieved her menstrual cramps with rich cannabis in CBD in the nineteenth century.
A number of benefits of cannabidiol for health are being researched (and proven) by science. CBD, in its forms as CBD capsules and creams has the 5 benefits for health and beauty:
1. CBD is a very effective natural anti-inflammatory. Chronic inflammation is a common point among many diseases we face today, such as cancer, diabetes, autoimmune diseases, digestive problems and hormonal problems. As a natural anti-inflammatory, cannabidiol can help alleviate and combat chronic inflammation.
2. Research has shown that cannabidiol can help treat arthritis by relieving the pain and inflammation associated with the disease. In another study, CBD effectively blocked the progression of the disease. Researchers have discovered that the substance protects the joints from serious damage and has concluded that cannabidiol offers potent effects against arthritis. CBD can decrease chronic pain and reduce inflammation by interacting with neurotransmitters to control pain levels. Cannabidiol can have anxiolytic effects and is effective in reducing anxiety, insomnia caused by anxiety and helps in social anxiety disorder. One study also found that CBD significantly reduced the discomfort of patients with social phobia before speaking in public.
3. Several studies show that CBD is effective in treating various neurological diseases such as epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s and Huntington’s disease; reducing the frequency of seizures, with anti-inflammatory, neuroprotective and immunomodulatory effects.
4. Cannabidiol has also shown antitumor properties and may help to inhibit the formation of cancer cells, as well as relieve symptoms associated with disease treatments such as nausea. In a study with humans, CBDa – CBD in its acidic form – has demonstrated the ability to deregulate the cancerous cells of the breast, avoiding its growth.
5. CBD has been shown to increase skin smoothness and has a powerful effect to reduce stubborn acne.
In the United States, if the CBD originates from the hemp plant, legal in all 50 states, it is possible to buy it without restrictions and even in e-commerce, such as the Miss Grass Flowers Shop, a premium wellness store dedicated to cannabidiol. If you live in a country where the hemp derivative can be marketed, it is essential to know its source and choose products from ethical and trustworthy companies. Also, talk to your doctor first about the optimal dose and how to integrate the CBD into your self-care routine. In the US and Canada, CBD can be found in a wide range of products such as oils, sprays, supplements, capsules, dyes, cosmetics, topical creams and powders, food products and many others.