10 Best Infographic Maker Tools Online in 2020
Infographics have been around for years, but a decade ago, it became a staple for communication in business presentations, classrooms, etc. With the emergence of social media channels, such as Facebook and Twitter, that have also allowed for individual infographics to be shared among people across the Web, this communication tool is being widely used by marketers in the era of short attention span. But if you’re new to the graphic design world, you may still be unfamiliar with infographics.
So, what exactly is an infographic?
Infographics are visual representations of meaningful data that include images, charts, and minimal text. The primary objective of an infographic is to represent information in an easy-to-understand way and to communicate information through captivating and engaging visuals.
Simply put, an infographic (info+graphic) is a way of representing information through graphics to communicate information quickly and precisely.
Why are infographics used?
Infographics are used to make intricate information easy to digest. It uses fewer texts but plenty of graphics/images for providing a quick overview of a topic.
Other ways an infographic can help you:
- To display study/research data.
- To simplify an intricate process.
- To provide information in an easy-to-understand way.
- To summarize a lengthy report or blog post.
- To raise awareness about a burning issue
- To compare and contrast multiple options
Moreover, an infographic is handy when you want to give someone a quick rundown on a topic that’s really complex to explain in words alone. This is why infographics are used in pretty much in any business. Digital marketers use infographics for building brand awareness and raising engagement.
If you’re looking for online infographic creator tools, then don’t miss out on this list. These are the best free and paid infographic generator you should try.
10 Best Infographic Maker Tools Online in 2020
Designhill’s infographic maker is an online tool that offers a user-friendly and intuitive solution to revolutionize the way you communicate. It’s packed with eye-catching images that you need to transform your facts and figures into striking graphics. Designhill library boasts of having hundreds of illustrations, icons, and photos to choose from in infographic maker online tool. Got a stunning picture and want to upload? Don’t worry; you can do it yourself with ease and embed it into your infographic through its free infographic creator tool!
- Free to use
- User-friendly interface, even non-designer can create great infographics
- Creates icons arrays to visualize
- Generates professional tables and graphs that can be customized
- Two folders to assemble designs
- A plethora of illustrations, icons, and photos to choose from
- Sophisticated encryption makes it highly secure
- Drag and drop editor makes editing effortless.
#2. Adobe Spark
Adobe Spark is a suite of graphic design tools that includes infographic generator, poster maker, video maker, etc. The tool simplifies the entire content creation process to a level that even a non-designer can master in their initial days.
Adobe Spark’s infographic creator helps your infographics look professional while keeping the creation easy and swift.
- Freedom to choose typography from a wide range of professionally designed fonts for different occasion
- Best-in-class themes
- Iconic images: Choose from a plethora of photos or pick from your own collection
- Enables quick font searching
- Texture and transparent editor
Canva is yet another leading infographic maker tool, using which one can design a professional-looking infographic for free. Canva boasts on its vast gallery of free templates for almost every occasion, which can be custom-tailored with fonts, icons, colors, images, etc.
The online tool allows users to download the infographic in all popular formats and that too without paying a penny. Canva’s easy-to-use GUI /editor makes designing fun.
- Category-wise templates—business, education, charity, etc.
- User-friendly editor
- An exclusive range of free infographic templates
- Option to download infographics in formats like .png, .jpg, .pdf
- The basic version is free
Freepik infographic maker provides users a search engine of free vector designs. It offers excellent designs that feature exclusive illustrations and graphic resources that allow users to add content to be used in both personal as well as commercial projects.
Freepik keeps adding numerous free photos, illustrations, and vectors that make the software rank high in free vector and images search.
- Business card
- Abstract background
Lucidpress is a graphic design tool that offers a range of online graphic design services, be it infographics creator, brochure maker, logo maker, and many more. With having lockable templates, Lucidpress makes sure that branded logos, color, and fonts are locked while custom-tailoring some small designs.
The software comes with a drag-and-drop editor that makes designing fun.
- Comes with a user-friendly interface
- Its customizable attributes make designing effortless
- Comes with drag and drop editor
- Integrated social media sharing
- High-quality templates and digital publishing links
- Sophisticated data encryption for enhanced security
Visme is a comparatively new player in the online graphic design ecosphere. The tool offers a three-step approach to graphic designing— Pick a template, Edit and Populate, and then Publish or Download.
Visme allows users to transform their designs into an interactive infographic with inbuilt animations. Users can also add different positions for a component such as front, forward, backward, etc. It offers a wide range of free templates for varied categories. But it has some downsides, such as the UI being little clumsy sometimes and uploading large files or changing fonts takes a comparatively long time.
- Over 45 free templates available
- Category-wise templates, such as Resume, Business, Hierarchical, Health & Medical, etc.
- Easy-to-use editor with options such as text, elements, layouts, background, toolbar
- Free sign up
- Infographics can be downloaded in .jpg format only (a downside)
- Can share on social media channels
Venngage is another great infographic maker on the list. The tool has a systematic approach to creating graphic designs, categorizing templates in 3 levels—Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced.
The software comes with an interactive editor that makes editing fun, guiding through the entire process. It allows you to add widgets such as Maps, Graphs, Charts, etc. After that, you can make changes to the existing elements of a template.
The best part of this software is that it has a massive pictogram gallery covering almost all major categories such as business, animals, travel, tools, technology, science, security, shopping, and many more.
But the software a significant downside — you cannot share or download the infographic that designed. Also, it restricts the maximum number of templates you can use in a day if you’ve signed up as a free user.
- Its editor comes with the options—Charts, Text, Icons, Pictograms, Toolbar, and Background.
- 50+ free templates
- A massive library of Pictograms and Icons
- Free users can’t download or share the infographics that you created.
Infogram is intuitive visualization software that enables users to create fantastic content. Its infographic tool lays emphasis on data collection and charting. Since this software provides with the graphical templates only, it’s preferred by marketers who majorly rely on diagrams and numbers. The tool comes with a user-friendly editor that helps users organize data in a better way.
But the software has a significant drawback i.e.; you cannot download the design that you’ve created if you’ve signed up as a free user. However, the tool allows free users to share the design on social media channels.
- The editor comes with options like—graphs, maps, charts, and media, etc.
- 11+ free templates
- Available graphical templates only
- No option to download, sharing only for free sign-ups.
Creately is an intuitive and user-friendly visual collaboration platform. The tool comes with a unique and intelligent contextual interface that makes this software an ideal pick for those just getting their feet wet in the graphic design industry.
Creately boasts on its massive library of shapes and templates.
- Community browser help users find diagrams quickly and with ease
- Integrated Google images and icon finder search
- Users can import images
- It consists of a humongous library.
Biteable is at the bottom of my list, but to be frank, it’s about as likely as anyone else in the list. Biteable is a video making tool that helps create beautiful infographic videos, social media videos, sales videos, slideshow videos, and so on.
Biteable comes with free as well as paid options.
- Have 100+ scenes o choose from
- It allows users to add their content to the videos.
- A humongous audio library
- Inbuilt buttons for social sharing, can share videos with a click.
All of these infographic maker tools are awesome, and you can choose them for your commercial or personal projects. But when it comes to ease of creating infographics, I found Designhill the best. However, the choice is yours.
I hope this article helps you find an infographic creator for your project.
Jelly Shah works as a Digital Marketer, brand consultant and business strategist with Designhill- A reliable marketplace for Logo maker, business card maker, cosmetics & beauty logo design, customized & personalized tank tops design, and many other designing works. With extensive experience working both client side and within the agency environment, he has authored several articles on topics related to digital marketing, business strategies, content marketing etc.