Guest Post – 5 Surefire Ways to Boost eCommerce Sales
Changing the traditional ways of selling goods and services, e-commerce has transformed many offline stores to online stores.
But is moving to an e-commerce platform enough. No doubt it is an intangible way to reach out to the buyer. Did you know 80% of the e-commerce platforms fail and wrap up within 18 months?
We brainstormed why e-commerce platforms were failing. Despite being exposed to a huge audience where was the kink. I will try to be brutally honest.
People jump to the conclusion of moving to ecommerce overnight. Are a part of this tribe?
A lot of planning and execution strategy is needed to be the hot favorite.
Your selling commodities range from laptop, mobile phone to the kitchen groceries. If your approach is audience oriented, you are bound to be the king
The trade through ecommerce has leapt from millions to billions to trillions in shortest span of time. But has it moved so fast for you? If not then you need checkout if you are working on below lines
Feel your own website:
It is very easy to launch a website. How it is accessed and how quickly does it download. Does a lot for your audience. Try to buy your products and services, is it easily navigable?
- Keep your ‘About Us’ pages simple.
- Your main page should contain least HD images. You may have optimum usage of graphics to avoid delayed downloading. There should be no communication gap between the quality of the product and the story you may paint in augmenting the sale of the product.
- Complete No! No! to any contradictions at all. You have to sell a product so that it stay for all times in the market. Any short of information may simply earn a distrust and the buyer may shift to other web sites.
- You are creating a trust in the buyer so be honest to keep to that trust.
- At the same time keep the buyer updated with the latest. Believe it or not it is the buyer’s market.
- Do not shy away from giving away your contact information. Give mobile numbers and email addresses of your key persons so that in case of need the contact can readdress buyers. An after sale service will earn you a loyal customer It is much worth to have one in hand.
Now score your website!
If e-commerce brings you more audience, it brings with it more competition too.
You are very much aware that e-commerce has given cost effectiveness to the buyers. It is very convenient to compare the costs of the similar products on different sites. So a customer comes to know about the quality and price of a product before buying the same.
- Use pricing intelligence tool with built-in crawler to know competitive pricing on competitor’s web site. Offer genuine discounts to the buyer, offer special discounts on the bulk purchases.
- Add on services after the purchases.
- Narrow down your margin, which may lead to high turnover. May be offer a “Free shipping”
- Introduce multi-payment options as well for the convenience of the buyer.
As the buyer buys a product online and does not exactly know about the product, may be by way of colour, size etc.
You should be customer friendly and have your offers open and clear in writing. Have distinct places where you highlight the Warranty/Guarantee on the product on a separate page.
Beyond this, add on whatever the company can offer more, like free installation, free demo or whatever else is suitable to the company costs.
Remember Free is after all free. Wait till you read our point 5 it will gain you all the leads.
Shipping and Other Terms and Conditions
Online trading is possible from any part of the world. So the goods or services are to be imported. It is a typical case where the terms and conditions of other country are also involved.
You need to mention terms and conditions of both the countries along with the respective documentation. A clear advice or any assistance to the buyer should be highlighted at a prominent place on the web page.
You have to be clear about the rates and the delivery period or it will bring disrepute as imported goods may be delayed for delivery. If there is any rejection by the buyer it becomes difficult or impossible to return the good, spoiling your good image.
Your laptop or PC is not obsolete term but Mobile is just easier. For the sake of convenience people are for the present more familiar with the mobile phones.
You should ensure that your website is responsive.
You must keep yourself in tune with the competitive world. Besides, your e-store should be able to be accessed through mobile phones as well. It is found that about 2/3 rd buyers use mobile phones to place orders.
Promotions through Reviews
Customers who place orders for purchases through a website mostly checks the reviews and at the same times knows about the ratings of a particular product. We can adopt certain ways to promote reviews as below:
- Show customer reviews on google+ page and facebook page.
- Customer reviews should be highlighted on the e-store. Negative reviews should be properly handled.
Tried all the above just notice your sales. May be for initial months it will not reflect on the sale but will definitely increase the traffic to the e-commerce platform. If you feel the need of professional help many leaders out there can help you out to emerge as the top e-commerce website.
Although the above basic changes have been tried and tested over quite some time and have really bought some drastic upward growth to numerous e-commerce websites. Happy selling!!
Anupam Rajey is a seasoned marketer and sales expert. He is the CEO of Acelerar Tech, a leading KPO that offers virtual assistants for social media, Internet research, email & chat support, and more.