5 Smoothies To Keep Yourself Safe From Summer Introduction
Chilly windy days are long gone and summer has arrived yet again to give a blast of burns to our everyday life. Even though we would love to experience summer days after a shivering winter, our longing for the sun fades away too soon after one long hour outside the house. The bags should be loaded with sunscreen, scarf and sunglasses to survive under the wrath of the sun. Even though there are a lot of artificial ways to protect ourself externally, there should be some basic preventive measures adopted to escape the heating up of body and the internal system balance.
But thankfully, there are some great ways to dehydration of our body during this scorching hot summer season. The seasonal summer fruits are the god sent boon to keep our body enriched with fluids and nutrition by making some of these great combinations of smoothies.
Here is a list of some of the handpicked and best five smoothie recipe which can be made. These smoothies are easy to make and is made with easily available ingredients stocked in your storage.
Strawberry and Banana smoothie
Strawberry is considered to be one of the best and exotic fruit which is loaded with anti-oxidants which are a full oxygen pump to the body and banana is filled with potassium and is an instant energy booster to the system. This smoothing not only rehydrates you but also rejuvenates your skin.
2 to 3 bananas medium size
1 cup Greek yogurt/normal yogurt
2 teaspoons honey
Water as needed
Chilled ice cubes
- Add all the above listed ingredients into a blender.
- Add the Greek yogurt or normal yogurt according to the availability.
- Blend the ingredients and add honey according to the taste.
- The smoothie is best when served chilled.
Nutrition chart: – 159 calories, 3.8g fat, 3-8 g fiber, 27g sugar and 4g protein for every 12 ounce.
Cherry watermelon smoothie
The perfect seasonal fruit for every summer season is the watermelon and it has a majority of water content which on intake during this season would boost your body fluids instantly. It contains Vitamin A and lycopene. The other fruit that is the cherries are a rich source of melatonin which helps you stabilizing our body sleep patterns. If you are tired enough to make it on your own then you can order it from swiggy or faasos. Also, make an order under the Foodpanda offers providing 25% off on all orders.
- 2 cups of cut watermelon
- 5 to 6 cherries
- ½ apple pieces
- Water as required
- Chilled ice cubes
- Deseed the seeds from the water melon
- Use the pitted cherries- without seeds
- Add apple if desired
- Add some ice cubes and water and blend them in a blender
- Serve chilled
Nutrition chart: –
133 calories, 0.3g fat, 30 g carbs, 1.8g protein and 3.4g protein for every 12 ounce.
Blueberry spinach smoothie
Give yourself a refreshing treat this summer with a blast of the blueberries and the greeny spinach leaves in one single combination with this bumper smoothie. The spinach contains all the essential vitamins A, Calcium and Vitamin D-12. The blueberries are loaded with anti-oxidants, proteins and potassium.
- 5 to 6 blueberries
- Few leaves of spinach
- Almond milk/ Regular milk- 1 glass
- Chia seeds- 1 teaspoon
- Water as needed
- Soak the chia seeds for some time
- Blend the leaves of spinach
- Add the almond milk to the mixture
- Finally add the blueberries to the paste
- Blend them into a good texture and garnish them with chia seeds
- Garnish them with almonds and serve chilled.
158 calories, 1.3g fat, 7 g carbs, 3.4g protein and 0.8g fiber for every 12 ounce.
Chocolate and mint smoothie
The best smoothie that anyone would want is the one loaded with chocolate as no one can say no to a smoothie made of chocolates. The nutrition value is also high in the dark variant of chocolates as they are really good for the heart health and keeps your skin fresh and glowing. The mint used in the smoothie is a natural coolant used for adding additional taste to the smoothie.
- 7 to 8 chunks of dark chocolate
- Few leaves of mint
- Milk as needed
- ½ avocado
Add all the green ingredients to the blender
Use the double boiler method to melt the chocolate.
Combine the paste with some milk as needed
Serve chilled with ice cubes
250 calories, 2.3g fat, 7.5g carbs for every 12 ounce.
Avocado kiwi smoothie
The buttery avocado has a lot of goodness which acts as a immune booster towards lot of problems. Kiwi is a vibrant seasonal fruit which also has lots of vitamins and manganese loaded in it.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 kiwi fruits
- Few leaves of spinach
- Water as needed
- Ice cubes -crushed
- Scoop out the avocado and kiwi.
- Blend all the ingredients into one paste
- Add some chia seeds for garnishing and serve them chilled.
For better understanding you can also watch the video of this recipe.
220 calories, 3 g proteins, 7.9 g carbs, 3 g fiber for every 12 ounce.
Health benefits of smoothies
- The smoothies are generally preferred over the juices as they are blended with the pulp of the fruit which gives you a pack of fibres, additional vitamins and minerals, and calcium when combined with yogurt.
- They are also packed with phytochemicals which are often not added in a fruit juice as the fruit pulp and pith are discarded.
- These smoothies are also having enough calorie content to keep you active throughout the day and has lower calorie content than the regular breakfast or lunch item consumed.
- It keeps all your body fluids at a balance and there is a complete replenishment of all the essential ions.
- The blending of all the fruits is also proven to be a healthy process.
Why prefer smoothies for the summer?
There are many other natural coolants for the body which you can take like the tender coconut, fruit juices, buttermilk etc., but we can prefer a fruit smoothie over all these as they are a bang on combination of nutrition and energy. They are a simple source to add a combination of ingredients into one single drink. A smoothie may be any combination of two to three exotic or seasonal fruits with milk, Greek yogurt, honey. These make your day as they add limited calories to your work routine and keeps you up and energetic throughout the day without feeling drained and dehydrated. So make yourself this combination of bang on smoothies and feel fresh throughout the day.