Most Expensive & Cheapest Destinations
It’s important to make a travel plan after every quarter. It helps you to experience inner peace and also learn things which you cannot learn inside a cubicle. It changes your perceptions and makes you a better person.
Let’s discover some amazing places on Earth, which can make your travel experience bigger and better. For convenience purpose, we have included both budget and expensive destinations in the world.
Top 5 Cheapest Destinations in the World
#1. Thailand :
Thailand is a popular destination for backpackers and budget travelers, with affordable accommodation, street food, and public transportation.
From the vibrant street food to the bustling night markets, every corner of Thailand is a delight for the senses and the wallet. It’s like a magical land of low prices and high adventure, where you can explore ancient temples, hike through lush jungles, and relax on beautiful beaches without breaking the bank.
In Thailand, you can feel like a millionaire with just a few dollars in your pocket. It’s a place where you can stretch your travel budget to the max and still have an amazing experience. So, if you’re looking for a destination that offers affordability without sacrificing quality or excitement, Thailand is the perfect place to explore!
- Foodie Paradise: Thailand is a paradise for foodies, with an incredible range of street food and local delicacies that are both delicious and affordable. From Pad Thai to Tom Yum Goong to Mango Sticky Rice, Thai cuisine is known for its bold flavors and unique spices that will tantalize your taste buds without breaking the bank.
- Spiritual Haven: Thailand is a deeply spiritual country with a rich history of Buddhism and ancient temples that are both beautiful and affordable to visit. Whether you’re exploring the stunning Grand Palace in Bangkok or the ancient ruins of Ayutthaya, you’ll be transported to a serene and peaceful world of meditation and contemplation.
- Adventure Playground: Thailand is also a playground for adventure seekers, with a wide range of affordable outdoor activities like trekking, kayaking, and scuba diving. Whether you’re hiking through the lush jungles of Chiang Mai or exploring the coral reefs of Koh Tao, you’ll be immersed in a world of excitement and thrills.
- Vibrant Culture: Thailand is known for its vibrant and colorful culture, from the lively street markets of Bangkok to the traditional festivals like Songkran and Loy Krathong. You’ll be surrounded by a riot of colors, sounds, and smells that will awaken your senses and immerse you in a unique and unforgettable cultural experience.
- Island Paradise: Thailand is home to some of the most beautiful islands in the world, with pristine beaches, crystal-clear waters, and stunning natural scenery. Whether you’re exploring the limestone cliffs of Railay Beach or relaxing on the white sands of Koh Phi Phi, you’ll be transported to a world of paradise and tranquility that won’t break the bank.
#2. South Africa :
South Africa may not be the cheapest country to travel in the world, but it is definitely an affordable destination compared to many other Western countries.
Here are some reasons why South Africa can be considered a relatively cheap travel destination:
- Cultural Diversity: South Africa is a melting pot of cultures, with a rich history and diverse population that makes it a fascinating and unique travel destination. From the vibrant cities of Johannesburg and Cape Town to the rural villages and townships, you can immerse yourself in a rich tapestry of cultures, languages, and traditions that are both affordable and enriching.
- Wildlife Safari: South Africa is home to some of the world’s most iconic wildlife, from lions and elephants to rhinos and giraffes. You can go on an affordable safari adventure in one of the many national parks and game reserves, where you can witness these majestic animals in their natural habitat.
- Adventure Sports: South Africa is also a haven for adventure seekers, with a range of affordable outdoor activities like bungee jumping, shark cage diving, and zip-lining. Whether you’re exploring the rugged coastline of the Wild Coast or the majestic Drakensberg Mountains, you’ll be immersed in a world of adventure and excitement that won’t break the bank.
- Wine and Food: South Africa is a food and wine lover’s paradise, with a range of local dishes and award-winning wines that are both affordable and delicious. You can explore the Cape Winelands and sample some of the world’s best wines at affordable prices, or indulge in local specialties like braai (barbecue) and bobotie (spiced meat dish).
- Natural Beauty: South Africa is blessed with some of the most stunning natural scenery in the world, from the rugged coastline of the Garden Route to the majestic Table Mountain in Cape Town. You can explore the country’s natural beauty without breaking the bank by visiting national parks and nature reserves that offer affordable entrance fees.
Overall, South Africa offers a unique and affordable travel experience that combines cultural diversity, natural beauty, and exciting adventures.
#3. India :
India is a land of incredible diversity and a melting pot of cultures, making it one of the most fascinating travel destinations in the world. But what makes India even more interesting is that it’s also a budget-friendly destination!
Here are some interesting reasons why India is the perfect country for travelers on a budget:
- The Food: India is a food lover’s paradise, with a diverse range of local dishes that are both flavorful and affordable. You can indulge in a variety of street foods, traditional curries, and sweets for as little as $1-2 USD. And don’t forget to try the famous Indian chai, which is not only delicious but also very cheap!
- The Accommodation: India has a wide range of budget-friendly accommodation options, including backpacker hostels, guesthouses, and homestays. You can find a comfortable bed for as little as $5-10 USD per night, and often with breakfast included.
- The Culture: India is home to a rich cultural heritage, with ancient temples, forts, and monuments dating back thousands of years. You can explore these cultural sites at affordable prices, with entrance fees for attractions like the Taj Mahal and Red Fort starting at around $10 USD.
- The Nature: India is a country of stunning natural beauty, from the Himalayan mountains in the north to the palm-fringed beaches of the south. You can explore these natural wonders by visiting national parks and nature reserves that offer affordable entrance fees.
- The Adventure: India is also a great destination for adventure seekers, with activities like trekking, rafting, and wildlife safaris available at reasonable prices. And for those looking for a unique experience, why not try a camel safari in the deserts of Rajasthan or a houseboat ride in the backwaters of Kerala?
Overall, India is a budget-friendly destination that offers a unique and unforgettable travel experience. With its incredible food, diverse culture, stunning nature, and affordable accommodation and activities, India is the perfect destination for travelers who want to experience the best of the world on a budget!
#4. Vietnam :
Vietnam is a popular destination for budget travelers due to its low cost of living and cheap food, accommodation, and transportation options.
- Cheap Accommodation: Vietnam has a wide range of budget-friendly accommodations available, including hostels, guesthouses, and budget hotels. Prices are often as low as $5-10 per night for a basic room.
- Inexpensive Food: Vietnamese street food is famous around the world for its delicious flavors and affordability. You can find delicious meals for as low as $1-2 USD per dish.
- Affordable Transportation: Getting around Vietnam is also relatively cheap, with options like local buses, trains, and motorcycle taxis. For longer distances, there are budget airlines that offer cheap domestic flights.
- Free Activities: Vietnam has many free or low-cost activities that you can enjoy, such as exploring local markets, visiting temples and pagodas, and hiking in national parks.
- Diverse Experiences: Despite its affordability, Vietnam is also a diverse and fascinating destination with plenty of cultural, historical, and natural attractions to explore, from the bustling cities of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City to the stunning landscapes of Halong Bay and Sapa.
#5. Indonesia :
Indonesia is a country with a rich culture and stunning natural landscapes. It’s also relatively affordable, with low-priced accommodation and food options.
Reasons why Indonesia can be considered a relatively cheap travel destination:
- Island Paradise: Indonesia is the world’s largest island country, with over 17,000 islands, each with their own unique culture and natural beauty. From the tropical paradise of Bali to the pristine beaches of Lombok and the rugged landscapes of Java, Indonesia is a haven for beach lovers and outdoor enthusiasts.
- Ancient Temples and Culture: Indonesia has a rich history and cultural heritage, with ancient temples and ruins dating back over a thousand years. You can explore these fascinating cultural sites at affordable prices, with entrance fees for attractions like Borobudur and Prambanan temples starting at around $10 USD.
- Delicious Cuisine: Indonesian cuisine is a fusion of different cultures and traditions, with a range of dishes that are both flavorful and affordable. From the street food stalls of Jakarta to the local warungs (restaurants) of Bali, you can enjoy a delicious meal for as little as $1-3 USD.
- Natural Wonders: Indonesia is also home to some of the world’s most stunning natural wonders, from the lush rainforests of Sumatra to the active volcanoes of Java and Bali. You can explore these natural wonders by visiting national parks and nature reserves that offer affordable entrance fees.
- Affordable Accommodation: Indonesia offers a range of affordable accommodation options, from budget guesthouses and homestays to luxury hotels and resorts. You can find basic accommodation for as low as $5-10 USD per night in many parts of the country.
Overall, Indonesia offers a unique and affordable travel experience that combines island paradise, ancient culture, delicious cuisine, natural wonders, and affordable accommodation.
Top 5 Expensive Tourist Destinations in the World
#1. London :
- London is one of the expensive travel destinations in the world.
- With an average hotel price at $177 per night, this place is definitely costly as compared to other destinations.
- However, where else you will find the amazing Big Ben?
#2. New York City :
- So, New York City is costlier! Period!
- Known for its ritzy brownstones, swanky restaurants, high-end shops and refined nightlife venues, New York is the ultimate tourist destination.
- Watching the epic Times Square is an event in itself! You must give it in once and visit this amazing city.
#3. Paris, France :
- Paris is an amazing city and considered as one of the best romantic city in the world.
- However, it is expensive (especially if you want a hotel with best facilities or near to the Eiffel Tower location).
#4. Vienna, Austria :
- Vienna offers amazing and breathtaking scenes.
- However, people prefer to rent an apartment as hotels are very costly here in this country.
#5. Mount Everest Base Camp Trek :
- Conquering Mount Everest is one of the most daring and expensive things in the world.
- Just glancing at the epic Mount Everest from the base camp is enough to give you Goosebumps! You cannot just explain that feeling. You need to have any altitude experience or need to be physically fit.
- You must know how to control your breathing and also ensure there are no issues in terms of finding the right gear also. The gear must be solid else you may lose the grip and end your life.
- You need to maintain hydration to ensure there are no problems at all at higher altitudes. You need to be slow and steady to win physical and mental battles all the time. Avoiding maximum exposure to the Sun is important to keep a track of your health.
- Now, as you are aware of the top 10 cheapest destinations, you can make solid travel plans right now.
- However, taking travel help, advice, and packages from a local agency is best to help you out. There are many tricky situations like understanding the traffic rules in Dubai or arranging a helicopter for the full-moon Kailash Mansarovar tour requires expert local advice and intervention.
- Enjoy your budget or luxury holidays as everyone needs a change!
Lisa Parker, a professional writer who loves to travel, surf, read and write. She is covering different fields in writing and has written articles on traveling, shopping, health, mobile phones and technology peeks & disasters.