Everything you should know about RRB NTPC Career Growth
The application process for the RRB NTPC recruitment has been completed, and the release of the admit card will be out by mid-November 2020. Every year, the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) releases notification for the multiple posts. These vacancies are for the Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) in different Zonal railways. This year, around 1.26 crores of applicants showed interest and are waiting for the Stage- 1 written test.
However, to appear for the test, students should know the RRB NTPC syllabus and exam pattern, that will help in preparing for the exam and completing the selection process.
Vacancies in RRB NTPC
The board will be recruiting over 35,208 vacancies for posts. Every year, there are different vacancies for posts, and the number of applicants is high. It is a very challenging movement for the board to select among these huge applicants. However, this year, the vacancies under DLW have been cancelled from the Allahabad zone.
The NTPC posts are categorized into two types- Graduate and undergraduate positions. Below are the posts and salaries offered-
- Traffic Assistant- Approx. 25000/-pm
- Goods Guard – Approx. 29000/-pm
- Ticket Clerk- Approx. 29000/-pm
- Junior Account Assistant – 29000/-pm
- Senior Time Keeper- 29000/-pm
The salary and post entirely depend on marks scored in the entrance exam and the performance during the selection process. Hired candidates will also receive allowances, which includes- Dearness Allowance, Pension Scheme, Medical Benefits and others. However, to gain these benefits, one has to undertake the responsibility seriously.
Job Profile in RRB NTPC
The job profile or the responsibilities of different posts are mentioned below-
- Traffic Assistant- Managing traffic in the assigned area. The job of the traffic assistant is to manage the running of good trains and check for any technical issues. Furthermore, to manage the condition of each train running from the station. The traffic assistant is to check the on-boarding process of 45 days of training.
- Goods Guard- Will be responsible for conducting checks for a loose end. Identify and address minor issues and ensure brake continuity.
- Senior Commercial and Ticket Clerk- Working in the ticket counter and will be responsible for issuing of tickets.
- Typist- Will handle clerical works of different departments. Manage and supervising junior clerks in other departments. The typist or the senior clerk will have fixed working hours.
- Junior Account Assistant- Will manage and compile budgets as per rules. Also, checking financial irregularities in different departments of the railway. Will be responsible for keeping the accounts of the railway as per the rules. The typist or the junior account assistant should be able to know terminologies for using spreadsheets.
- Commercial Apprentice- Will hold multi-skilled supervisors in different retail branches. The assigned person will have to maintain the balance between field staff and people at a different level.
- Station Master- Will be responsible for ensuring the smooth and timely arrival of trains. Also will ensure passengers do not have to face any problem. The stationmaster is also responsible for checking if passengers in the station are getting good facilities. The station is the person of contact at the railway station. If the station is significant, it will be more than one station masters.
- Trains Clerk- Will handle the job of maintaining public records related to trains and their conditions. Will be responsible for handling accounts of different including electronics, mechanical, electrical and others.
There is a good career opportunity for candidates working on different posts. Like for the Traffic Assistant, after years of experience, the post will switch to senior traffic assistant. Goods Guard will switch to passenger guard, express guard and chief controller, the senior clerk, will be given the post of the assistant station master, the senior timekeeper will be given the job senior timekeeper grade, and stationmaster will get the position of divisional operation manager.
In addition to the above-mentioned higher posts, RRB NTPC will also have good growth opportunities. However, to earn these posts and benefits offered, it is vital to prepare well in advance and score high marks. Understand the RRB NTPC Syllabus and perform the mock test. Undergoing the mock test is the best way to prepare and gain the confidence to appear for the exam.