The top 5 Bars to visit in Bangkok for the Best Nightlife Scene
Are you planning for a future trip that would take you to Bangkok? While international travel may still be hard now due to the coronavirus pandemic, it is never too early to plan for your next vacation.
Bangkok is one of the most popular destinations in the world, getting at least 20 million international visitors each year.
Some of the most popular tourist spots include the Grand Palace and other temples. Even the Chatuchak Market is very popular for those who would like to score some cheap finds that they can bring home with them. The cuisine is also very delicious. But aside from those mentioned, one thing you must not miss when in Bangkok is the nightlife.
Bangkok Nightlife can give you detailed suggestions on where to go. We also have a list of the top 5 bars you may want to visit while in the area.
- Havana Socials – As the name suggests, you’ll find this bar has a Cuban theme. From the interiors up to the bar staff, they are all well executed. This bar can be hard to find as there is no signage on the door and you actually need to call in order to get toe code that will allow you to enter the premises! Make sure to visit on Fridays and Saturdays for some live band music.
- The Bamboo Bar at Mandarin Oriental – If you are looking for something a little more high end and sophisticated, then this place is perfect. You can easily find it on the ground floor of the famous Mandarin Oriental Bangkok. If you are a fan of jazz, this is the place to be. Upon entry, you will enjoy not only the music but also the interiors that mix materials like marble, wood, and even leather. The cocktail choices are also something to enjoy as they are developed by a team that has won awards.
- Vesper Cocktail Bar – Are you a fan of James Bond? Then you’ll be amused to know that this bar is named after his famous drink. This bar is located near Sala Daeng BTS station and you can visit easily. Go here if you would like to taste some great cocktails that will not break the bank.
- Brown Sugar – After you have enjoyed the sights and sounds of Khao San Road, go visit Brown Sugar that is very near the place. This bar has been in the business for 27 years, a testament to their quality. You’ll enjoy live jazz music every night, plus a selection of great food and drinks that you can enjoy with your friends.
- Maggie Choo’s – If you are looking for a place that has that Shanghai vibe, you’ll surely find it here. It’s located in a basement that’s been filled with unique pieces such as terracotta warriors. It’s quite similar to a speakeasy with jazz music and some famous artists even playing there. It has some good wines and also some private booths for those who want to keep away from the crowd.