Best-Selling Chinese Smartphones 2018
A survey from Weibo, a Chinese social platform, we can see the most popular smartphones in China. Such as Huawei, XiaoMi, OPPO and so on. But do you know how to buy Chinese brand phone? However, if you want to know how you can purchase the best Chinese Brand Phone, you should read further to learn about the latest Chinese smartphone trends. We provide a comprehensive guide to help you buy the phone you like. Here, we present the top trending Chinese smartphone brands creating a buzz on social media.
Considering the trend of the last year, Chinese smartphones with big, beautiful and bezel-less screens were the most sought-after. This year, the trend has shifted to nifty features like pop-up cameras and turbo-speed for uninterrupted gaming. However, there is one trend that remains clear and continuous and it is that ‘Made in China’ smartphone brands are ruling the market of smartphones and tablets with as many as 8 of the top 10 best-selling phones coming from the Chinese brands.
Using the sales data of a big Chinese shopping site, we can clearly identify the brands and models which are the most popular among Chinese users. At the anniversary sales event of DHGate hosted a few months ago, the sale statistics of DHGate suggested that Honor and Xiaomi were the leading brands in the sales of smartphone.
According to Zol.com, a popular IT portal site in China, Oppo and Vivo, the leading smartphone brands and models have continued to remain on the top of the list of the most popular Chinese smartphone brands over the past weeks. We have used these listings to compile the following list of the top Chinese smartphone brands of the month.
General Features and Specifications
A majority of Chinese smartphones we have reviewed are found to feature a dual-SIM standby. Though the extra SIM is sometimes traded with the microSD slot, you get one or the other.
A large number of smartphones feature 4G connectivity on both the SIM cards. Such phones are increasing day by day. Dual-standby smartphones often ask you to choose one of the two for main use.
A lot of phones come with inexpensive MediaTek chips. Helio X25, X27 and X30 are some of the fastest chips. Though these chips are not so fast as the Qualcomm ones, they are capable of serving your everyday needs.
Three to four gigs of RAM is common with some models even going to 6GB. Standard storage is generally 32 or 64GB.
Why more and more people tend to buy Chinese smartphones in foreign countries?
Benefits of Chinese Smartphones:
- Great value for price
- Elegant design
- Competitive features and specifications
- Dual-SIM functionality
- Stand out among your friends
- Excellent way to learn about Chinese phone operations
- Simple handling and operation
- Portability and lightweight construction
- Huge storage capacity
Are there any risks in using Chinese brand smartphones?
- Returning faulty devices is difficult
- You need to download and install Google Play manually
- Smartphone brands you choose can be incompatible with your cellular network
- Bearing import duty (you will need to pay 20 percent of the phone’s value on shipping with an additional admin fee)
- Maintenance service is difficult to avail
- Getting used to Android system can take some time
Considering these risks associated with buying a Chinese brand smartphone, it is a personal choice whether to buy one or not.
There are some considerations to know about before buying any Chinese brand smartphone. If you are a foreigner, it is essential that you consider these aspects before deciding on a smartphone to purchase.
- Quality of functions you get. Consider the functions you use largely, the product parameters and the highlighting points of it.
- Operation system of the phone to be able to handle and operate it easily.
- Popular smartphone brands must have something special. It is a good idea to compare the pros and cons of popular models before making a decision.
- The network type supported by the phone brand – 2G, 3G or 4G.
- Touch sensitivity should also be considered. This requirement is very important.
- Consider the dimension and weight you like. Try and feel the model.
- Operating speed when running an app or surfing the web.
The quality and features you get in a phone depend on the number of aspects from the above you consider. More you consider, better the phone you get.
Here are some of the best recommendations for best-selling Chinese Brand Phone models.
With much more competition in the market now, OnePlus is the first ever brand to show that a flagship phone can be affordable. Here is another wonderful flagship model in the form of OnePlus 6:
- Fully-glass construction with notched display
- Highest specifications available – 6 or 8GB RAM, up to 256GB of internal storage and Snapdragon 845 chipset
- Updated cameras with dual main cameras 16 and 20MP – dual LED flash
- Slow-motion video supported in two different modes – 720p footage at 480fps and 1080p at 240fps.
- Amazing value, excellent performance, outstanding photography
- Large 6.21 inches AMOLED display with an aspect ratio of 18.7:9 with a cool all-new 3D face recognition feature
- Great value for money, highly recommended
- screen’ or ‘bezel-less’ screens
- Introduces the ‘bezel-less’ or ‘all screen’ by minimizing bezels as much as possible
- Promoted as the ‘cool smartphone’ by the Chinese actor Kris Wu
- Screen Size – 5.4 inches IPS LCD
- Resolution – 22880 x 1080 pixels
- RAM – 6GB
- Internal Storage – 128GB, not expandable
- Rear Camera – 16MP and 24MP
- Front Camera – 24MP
- Battery Capacity – 3400mAh
- Operating System – Android 8.1 Oreo
- Dimensions – 149.6 x 71.2 x 7.7mm