Email marketing is one of the most powerful tools to drive engagement and ROI. It has become a go-to-channel for every business be it small or large.
Undoubtedly, email marketing is the most cost effective way to promote your products, services, communicate with your customers and reach your business goals. Here are some stats uncovered:
- On an average, for every $1 you spend on email marketing, a return of $48 can be expected.
- As per a survey by Exact Target , 77% of consumers still prefer emails over any other marketing channel for all communications, promotions, and any kind of updates.
- In addition, promotional emails have great influence and it has been observed 44% of email recipients made atleast one purchase on receiving a promotional email.
Though, email marketing strategies have changed over the time and to get best marketing ROI here are 3 tactics:
1) Personalize your message- Gone are the days when sending a standard email to all your subscribers was good enough to drive conversions, now you need to send personalized emails to get better results.
Acc to Prnewswire.com, companies who employ personalized promotional mailings experience 41% higher unique click rates and 29% higher unique open rates as compared to non-personalized mailings.
Personalization refers to using customer data to create a personalized message. There are many companies that effectively utilize personalized emails, amazon is one such company that is great at personalization.
- All the emails from Amazon are addressed by reader’s name to add a personal touch.
- Promotional emails are based on buyer’s purchase history.
2) Send mobile-friendly emails- In 2014, 42% of marketing emails were opened using mobile devices and now the number has reached 54%. Now you know if you don’t optimize your emails for mobile devices then you are less likely to experience conversions.
3) Use Drip Email Campaigns- Through drip email campaigns you can send pre-defined messages to your target audience over a consistent period of time. Emails in drip email campaigns are more personalized, target-specific and timely that result in both better click through and open rates.
To achieve success from your email marketing campaigns, you need to employ above- mentioned strategies.